Best wall charger for an Octopus Energy Account

Garweb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've had the ZSEV a week and a half and loving it. The dealer had a deal of three services and a wall charger installation package, which I went for.

The installer is pushing for an EO Mini Wall Charging unit but seems a bit basic and i'm not convinced . What are your thoughts and experiences please?

Thank You

Ohme has the best integration with Octopus if you’re planning on using a smart tariff like Go or Agile. It’s ugly though and the EO is a far tidier looking unit.

Ohme has the best integration with Octopus if you’re planning on using a smart tariff like Go or Agile. It’s ugly though and the EO is a far tidier looking unit.
Thanks, is it a bit basic?

We have a EO mini Pro untethered, it does what it is designed for. Charges the car. There is no lock on socket so in theory someone could unplug it, but the cable is locked in the car. The app again is basic but does what it need to do. You can set up off-peak, schedule and solar charging times. All in all it is a great small box. You can also 'lock' it in the app so no one can just use it.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201208-152906.jpg
Screenshot_20201208-152906.jpg

I have found that with my granny charger, (still waiting for pod point to be fitted,) that the charging point on the vehicle automatically unlocks when the car is fully charged even when the car is still locked meaning anyone could come along in the night and steal it.

I got ohme as I shifted to octopus energy , as I can set the tariff at which I can set the car to charge with agile prices. for e.g I can set the app to only charge if the price is let's say less than 5p

I use a Wallbox pulsar plus, it also can be set to work in half hour segments for the Octopus agile rates, it is not as good as the Ohme charger for Agile rates as each individual segment has to be manually set. The only issue with the Agile rates is they change every night at different times and the variation between each half hour is usually quite small at times, in those cases I find it is hardly worth changing the charge in half hour segments if it is a small variation and simply set it for the length of time I need at the cheapest of the rates available for the overall period.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom