Bind issue

Mgzs2022nic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I just collected a 2022 trophy connect today, I’m having issues connecting to iSMART. It seems the previous owner is still connected. When I scan the QR code it brings up their details, if I try to switch account the same thing happens. Would a factory reset work ? I’m in Ireland, it’s a UK import. There is a UK phone number showing on the login.

Many thanks

The iSmart info is held on a server. The previous owner needs to delete their account before you can create yours. I would phone the number and tell them that their details are on your car and for security they should delete it ASAP.

Ok so MG unbinded from previous owner but it’s still not binding. I’ll attached images from the app and car.

What else do I need to do ?

Attachments

• IMG_9102.png
    IMG_9102.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 90
I do remember having to try several times to bind mine for some reason and I understood from some others that it wasn’t unusual to have to do that.

There are quite a few videos on binding the MG ZS EV on YouTube, in case that helps to clarify the steps.

Hi all,

I just collected a 2022 trophy connect today, I’m having issues connecting to iSMART. It seems the previous owner is still connected. When I scan the QR code it brings up their details, if I try to switch account the same thing happens. Would a factory reset work ? I’m in Ireland, it’s a UK import. There is a UK phone number showing on the login.

Many thanks
I brought the same name and year. I had to contact the Birmingham head office . They need you to send prof of ownership the reg and the Chassis number I took photos and emailed them to [email protected] or www.mg.co.uk

Hope this helps. I know it took me nearly 2weeks to sorted but when I contact the above it took 20 for them to do it remotely.
Good luck
Wendy

Unfortunately, the MG tech is not quite up to scratch. It is very hit and miss. I spent 30 mins at the dealer trying to bind it from brand new. I finally gave up and managed to get it working the next day after countless tries.
I find the iSMART app a bit of a gimmick as the one time I needed to defrost the car last week, it would not connect. Not a disaster but my language was bluer than my fingers that morning.

Last edited:
ismart saved my blushes
returned to Uk and went to ZS in the airport car park. opened boot and loaded bags/coats into the car. Shut boot door and then realised the keys were in the bags, the car stays locked if you just open the boot. It was stupid o'clock and had to go to car park office to call the AA, 4 hour wait anticipated. Then I remembered the unlock facility in ismart, opened the app and then the car!

Thank you for the replies, I’ll try MG
Only MG can do it - get the old no turned off I mean - it has happened to me 3 times and with my own number (app fails, try to reinstall > message 'car already bound') MG's basically a sales and design co in Britian - one hears they are going to beef up customer service - it couldn't be less beefy if it tried. Good luck. BTW the dealer who handled the sale should have ensured (as with all cars with bluetooth connections) that the old account was wiped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to add another phone to the ismart app & screwed up the system so I could not unbind my phone. I contacted mg at [email protected] .I had to send them a copy of my V5 together with the vin number. They sorted it within a day.
Dear Bradford Chap - this is excellent news, because it means dealer is bypassed taking far less time when the app/phone issue crops up. Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom