Binding MG4 Xpower

Mike Ferguson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I have just taken delivery of a new MG4 Xpower and cannot bind the car to my iphone. I can photo the single QR code when prompted and the screen changes to the information page, but the icon next to the user name flashes on then off and I cannot get any further with the registration. My MG dealer is stumped and is contacting MG Motor to ask advice. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a cure? Thanks

Have you tried the search facility (top right) , enter binding, select this forum, to see if anything helps?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm new here so very useful. There is a possible cause to investigate but not holding my breath......

When I first saw the topic heading I thought s*** theres a new issue with the XPOWER 🤣
No issue with the car - it is excellent.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm new here so very useful. There is a possible cause to investigate but not holding my breath......

Further to my query, I have solved the problem. For information, it was finger trouble on my part. Whilst registering the bind I initially tried to use my email. Thinking this wasn't working I then changed to my mobile tel number. Subsequent attempts to log in with the mobile number were then denied as, in fact, the email registration had been accepted. Gleaned from the comments on binding in the forum, the email address was bound so no subsequent registration attempts using a different medium were allowed. Returning to the email address connected straight away - eureka!

Upvote 0
When logged in to the app you can add your phone number to your profile, and this subsequently lets you login using either email or phone number. :)

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom