Black infomation screen

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I had an issue with the information screen going blank after reversing the car, I switched the car off and on a few times with no effect, drove home sitting in the drive switched it on and off again still no luck, then I happened to stick it in reverse again and after returning to neutral the info system poured up again, looks like it failed to reset after reversing camera switched off, anyone else had this problem, only two other issues passenger side mirror intermittently not folding in and my rear screen washer has stopped working picked up the car in December 2020.

Sorry to hear of your issues. You can reboot the infotainment by holding the button below the display in for a few seconds - it usually then sorts itself out. There’s a wiring loom recall that can affect the mirror. Washers can block up depending on what washer mix you use - or run out - worth a check.

Sorry to hear of your issues. You can reboot the infotainment by holding the button below the display in for a few seconds - it usually then sorts itself out. There’s a wiring loom recall that can affect the mirror. Washers can block up depending on what washer mix you use - or run out - worth a check.
It did it work with any attempts to reboot, as per my post, it only reset after engaging the rear camera when I reversed again, info could be helpful to other members tho.

You mention switching the car off and on again in your post - not rebooting the infotainment which is done with the button as I described. 🙂

You mention switching the car off and on again in your post - not rebooting the infotainment which is done with the button as I described. 🙂
Thanks for your reply, I'm aware on how to reset the infotainment system if required, nothing I tried would reset it, I should have made that clear in the first post, I have read the manual, the reset did nothing, only putting it back into reverse brought the display back up as it should be, as I said it might be of help to other members if they come across the problem, cheers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom