Black Roof

JonnyMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
There was talk on last week's Podcast about wrapping the roof of the ZS in black. This is something I've done so thought I'd share a couple of images to give you an idea of how it looks. Before and after pictures....
ZedS_Full_White.jpg
ZedS_Black_Roof.jpg

Thanks for posting your before and after shots.
It somehow lowers the stance of the car with the black roof, nice !.
I know @MilesperkWh was keen to get his wife’s ZS “de-chromed”.
He had a few concerns regarding the quality of some of the raps he had seen done.
If not applied correctly, he said it starts peeling at the edges and then looks rough.
Yours looks great, I am sure you will be keeping a close eye on the install.

Thanks for posting those photos @JonnyMG .

This is something we've been thinking of doing ourselves with our red ZS.
We had a red Seat Arona with black roof when they came out and I think the look suits a small suv.

I agree with @Lovemyev , it seems to lower what is quite a tall car for it's size and looks very smart, especially with your white/black contrast. I think black mirror caps might be worth considering as well to complete the look.

Can I ask how much the wrap cost for comparison ? as I'm going to ring round and get a few quotes having seen yours.

Thanks for posting your before and after shots.
It somehow lowers the stance of the car with the black roof, nice !.
I know @MilesperkWh was keen to get his wife’s ZS “de-chromed”.
He had a few concerns regarding the quality of some of the raps he had seen done.
If not applied correctly, he said it starts peeling at the edges and then looks rough.
Yours looks great, I am sure you will be keeping a close eye on the install.
Hi Lovemyev,
Yep, I can understand the concern any time we hand over our things to a tradesperson! But this time seems to have worked out for me.
The guy I used seems to have done a good job; the edges appear fine at the moment, but I am keeping an eye around the sunroof as the wrapping might have affected the join between the sunroof and the car roof. Will keep an eye and keep you posted.
The guy also did some detailing (in green coz, er, green (eco) car!), including my name for the car which is ZedS, and can be seen in the photos.

Thanks for posting those photos @JonnyMG .

This is something we've been thinking of doing ourselves with our red ZS.
We had a red Seat Arona with black roof when they came out and I think the look suits a small suv.

I agree with @Lovemyev , it seems to lower what is quite a tall car for it's size and looks very smart, especially with your white/black contrast. I think black mirror caps might be worth considering as well to complete the look.

Can I ask how much the wrap cost for comparison ? as I'm going to ring round and get a few quotes having seen yours.
Hey PhilYerBoots,
I agree, I do like the look of the black roof - lucky really!
And, yes I am considering the black door mirror caps, I think you're right it would add to the look.
From memory it was £500 for the wrap and the little bits of additional detailing, although it was almost a year ago that I had it done!

I planned on doing this! How much did it cost? Can you upload some more pics please.
The pic below is the rough mock up I made in my cars colour.
I got a quote with the mirror caps and also the roof rails to be wrapped but can't remember how much I was quoted now.

Attachments

• inCollage_20201212_183900809.jpg
    inCollage_20201212_183900809.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 570
I planned on doing this! How much did it cost? Can you upload some more pics please.
The pic below is the rough mock up I made in my cars colour.
I got a quote with the mirror caps and also the roof rails to be wrapped but can't remember how much I was quoted now.
I like that. I think perhaps the chrome door bottom strips in black too?

Very sorry to bump a very old thread. Do we have any contacts for Luscombe MG of Leeds. I'm interested in De-Chroming my MG ZS EV?

Very sorry to bump a very old thread. Do we have any contacts for Luscombe MG of Leeds. I'm interested in De-Chroming my MG ZS EV?
Have you tried calling the dealership directly or starting a chat on their website?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom