Blind person awareness.

Scottguardian

Standard Member
Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that blind and partially blind people are having difficulty coping with electric cars leading to many near misses. Can I ask that members make sure their pedestrian sound warnings are operating and be aware when they see a guide dog at crossings and junctions. Hope I’m not breaking any rules by posting this message.

The ZS defaults to on when you start the car even if you switched it off previously.
Modern ICE cars should have it too, a lot of them are almost as quiet as EVs.

The ZS EV is the quietest EV that I have encountered, so much so that I thought the noise generator was not working on mine. However, turning it off and on I find I can just discern the difference.
As I have to drive a lot in pedestrian only areas, I have had to fit an additional noise that I switch on with the flasher warnings so that I can get the hard of hearing to move. I wired an electronic bleeper via a relay based "and" gate to the two front indicators.

The ZS EV is the quietest EV that I have encountered, so much so that I thought the noise generator was not working on mine. However, turning it off and on I find I can just discern the difference.
As I have to drive a lot in pedestrian only areas, I have had to fit an additional noise that I switch on with the flasher warnings so that I can get the hard of hearing to move. I wired an electronic bleeper via a relay based "and" gate to the two front indicators.
Excellent idea, I also think the pedestrian warning is too quiet as several of my neighbours have commented that they don’t hear me driving past them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom