Blind spot warning

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had a funny today, driving down the M6 through bad weather and noticed that both the BSD indicators were on and didn't reset when cars passed or I passed cars. Turned car off briefly but didn't reset it. Only after turning the car off for a good half hour did it reset. anyone else had this?

Others have mentioned having one issue or another with BSM. Search function top right of the page.

Yes, happened twice. Both when there was strong sunlight directly behind the car. Seems to confuse it.

Reset itself after the car had been off for half an hour.

Yes, happened twice. Both when there was strong sunlight directly behind the car. Seems to confuse it.

Reset itself after the car had been off for half an hour.
The Blind spot sensors (Atleast on the MK2) are radar, so i would not expect the sun to have any influence on their operation.

Solar flares maybe :)

The Blind spot sensors (Atleast on the MK2) are radar, so i would not expect the sun to have any influence on their operation.

Solar flares maybe :)
I thought they were ultrasonic like the parking sensors.
Ultrasonic sensors don'y like being dirty or wet.

Well I am surprised. Both times it happened coming of the m6 at the same junction. It is quite narrow with the roadworks so maybe it's that. Just happened to be a coincidence it was sunny at the time I guess.

I have seen the same thing on the very day we collected our new LR face lift.
We about 60 miles into a 100 mile trip home, when my wife said :-
"Should this yellow light, in the door mirror ( N/S ) allowed to be ON all of the time".
Sure enough the blind spot monitoring light was constantly ON.
Then I checked the drivers mirror and it was the same !.
It was perfectly fine for the first 60 miles of the trip, but decided to act up ?.
We drove another 10 miles, to the place we intended to stop for some lunch.
I parked the car and as soon as I powered down the car, both mirror lights went out.
We returned to the car about 40 minutes latter and all was fine.
That was on the 18th March and it has not done it again ( yet ).
Some type of bug in the system I guess.
Another one I get, is the App sometimes reports that my drivers door window is open, when it clearly is not, when going a system check on the car.
Another bug at work !.

Lovemyev​

Quoted "Another one I get, is the App sometimes reports that my drivers door window is open, when it clearly is not, when going a system check on the car. Another bug at work !."
I get this all the time.

I thought they were ultrasonic like the parking sensors.
Ultrasonic sensors don'y like being dirty or wet.
If you look at this PDF

https://www.mgmotor.eu/public/images/model/brochure/MG_NEW-ZS-EV_Brochure_A4_V10_1_compressed.pdf

Page 10, it says that there are 3 Millimeter wave radar, and if looking at the back of the car in the picture, it also says "Millimeter Radar" furthest away.

It also says "Parking distance, ultrasonic radar" but that is the parking sensors in the bumper.

The blind spot radar's are located behind the back bumper at each side, there were someone in here that posted pictures of installing a towbar, and in that picture the radar units were clearly visible.

Ultrasonic radar would not be able to detect the car from such a distance as the MG. I have tried cars that had the "normal" ultrasonic sensors mounted on the side of the bumber, they did not detect the car before it was almost on the side of me, while the MG warns me "a lot" sooner.

Only disadvantage is, the MG does not have a sensor on the front bumper, so the warning seems to just stop showing, X seconds after it was last triggered, but at that point the car should atleast be on the side of your vehichle, so not easy to overlook.

I too experienced this, did you get a resolution? I'm thinking of booking mine in if it happens again.

Happened to me, did a topic about that. They did an update at my dealer and since then it seem the sensor doesn't randomly turning on again. It does sometime, but in rain or during night it was really often . I didn't drove a lot during night in the 3 last months. I'll see this winter.

I too experienced this, did you get a resolution? I'm thinking of booking mine in if it happens again.
Hello, quick update. My issue wasn't solved and I went back to the dealer last week. This time the mechanic took care of this issue and update every sensors of the car.
No blinking orange light since a week for now, even in a rainy night ! I guess my issue is gone now.

Hello, quick update. My issue wasn't solved and I went back to the dealer last week. This time the mechanic took care of this issue and update every sensors of the car.
No blinking orange light since a week for now, even in a rainy night ! I guess my issue is gone now.
I very randomly get the drivers blind spot "orange light" warning flash up, when I am not being followed by another driver ?.
It tends to happen at night time and not in the day light hours.
The passengers side is not affected at all ?.
My previous ZS EV Gen 1 never did this and I imagine that the systems are identical ?.

I very randomly get the drivers blind spot "orange light" warning flash up, when I am not being followed by another driver ?.
It tends to happen at night time and not in the day light hours.
The passengers side is not affected at all ?.
My previous ZS EV Gen 1 never did this and I imagine that the systems are identical ?.
I was in the same situation. 1 sensor was randomly blinking when I was alone on the road.

You have to go to the dealer and ask them to update the blind spot sensor. The sellers don't know how to do this, (they can update a few things but not when It's too techy for them).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom