Bluetooth alway running even when car is locked

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
Found out the other day when I was in my garage where the MG ZS ev was parked and car lock, I was listerning to my ny bluetooth headphones via my phone when they suddenly went off, it apears that when Im in range of my car the headphone switch over to the MG, even if I switch back to my phone it will switch back. Is the Bluetooth on the car always meant to be one even when the cars turned off and locked?

Agree. An near the ZS, the car grabs the audio/bluetooth which disables the bluetooth to my earphones Slightly annoying..

When my car is locked the Bluetooth connection to my phone disconnects. It doesn’t reconnect until I unlock and start the car.

I've noticed it when unlocking the car and getting in, by the time I've activated the handle the bluetooth disconnects from my bluetooth earphones and connects to the car.

Found out the other day when I was in my garage where the MG ZS ev was parked and car lock, I was listerning to my ny bluetooth headphones via my phone when they suddenly went off, it apears that when Im in range of my car the headphone switch over to the MG, even if I switch back to my phone it will switch back. Is the Bluetooth on the car always meant to be one even when the cars turned off and locked?
Yes, and it's a real pain listening to my phone on BT headphones whilst washing my car I have to un-pair phone and car. I've had this with both my Samsung phone and my Honor/Huawei too. And it isn't as if the Infotainment system is running either so no sound from the car even though them music keeps going!

My android only connects on unlocking the doors. The car with alarmed switched on is in deep sleep , and won't connect.

Further embarrassment with Bluetooth yesterday! my phone rang as I approach the car 9it was my doctor) and I answered it. I could hear my doctor at first, but he couldn't hear me. I quest what had happened and ion the phone app switched from Bluetooth to the mobile handset but the car kept wrestling the call back! I found unlocking the car with the door button and opening the door and then closing and relocking the door before walking away a little seemed to work. Which part of that did the trick I don't know. it's a new phone of a different brand to my old phone and I'm still finding my way around it so in the heat of the moment I didn't think to do the sensible thing, to have been to swipe down the phone screen and disable Bluetooth. I bet you wondered why I didn't do that?

In Huawei there is a built in app that shows only when BT connected in the notification. It inforns who has Bluetooth sound and you can easily switch between devices and the inbuilt sound.
There will other similar apps in the playstore.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom