Bluetooth hands-free

Cirprocon

Established Member
Reaction score
Whilst making and receiving calls on the hands-free in the car people have commented that we sound very quiet even though they seem loud and clear, is there something I'm missing in the settings ?

Whilst making and receiving calls on the hands-free in the car people have commented that we sound very quiet even though they seem loud and clear, is there something I'm missing in the settings ?
I had the same. After a few aborted calls when I first got the car, I spent over an hour sat on my drive making calls backwards and forwards to SWMBO indoors. Eventually got it sorted but honestly can’t remember how! Both incoming and outgoing calls are perfect now.
I’ll have another look when I go out later and if I get another lightbulb moment I’ll post again later.

I had the same. After a few aborted calls when I first got the car, I spent over an hour sat on my drive making calls backwards and forwards to SWMBO indoors. Eventually got it sorted but honestly can’t remember how! Both incoming and outgoing calls are perfect now.
I’ll have another look when I go out later and if I get another lightbulb moment I’ll post again later.
That would be great, seems like you found something in the settings 🙂

My Android Auto won't take calls through the car and it really pisses me off! Whenever I get a call and answer it it gets routed to my plugged in phone, if I then click to send to Bluetooth it sends the call to my smart watch 🤬
However I can ask Google to make a call using the voice control and the calls always go through 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Sorry I haven’t got back sooner - I couldn’t solve it yesterday but think I might have twigged it now. During a call make sure the mic is enabled otherwise your phone mic is trying to pick up the sound. Also, during a call, you can adjust the volume without it affecting the radio when you finish the call. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• A4432D37-F235-40BB-8A10-063E3D399863.jpeg
    A4432D37-F235-40BB-8A10-063E3D399863.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 503
The car will take Bluetooth calls through the infotainment, the issue is my phone is always connected to Android Auto for my music etc so the call gets routed through AA instead and that's where the issue lies. If my phone isn't connected via AA the call comes through the cars in-built phone system.
I think it's an AA issue rather than the MG's fault.

Just tried my phone both bluetooth and Android Auto and the receiver of the call can hardly hear me using either method. Made sure on bluetooth that it was the car mic and not the phone.

My guess is the car mic is faulty. Store that one up for the first service.

The car will take Bluetooth calls through the infotainment, the issue is my phone is always connected to Android Auto for my music etc so the call gets routed through AA instead and that's where the issue lies. If my phone isn't connected via AA the call comes through the cars in-built phone system.
I think it's an AA issue rather than the MG's fault.
You can turn off the automatic Bluetooth connection in the AA settings, and only use the USB connection.

The moment you turn Bluetooth off on your phone it instantly turns back on due to being connected to Android Auto (AA uses both Bluetooth and wired connection)

The moment you turn Bluetooth off on your phone it instantly turns back on due to being connected to Android Auto (AA uses both Bluetooth and wired connection)
I have just checked the settings inside the app (not the phone), there is an option to turn off the automatic Bluetooth connection. This might work.

I have just checked the settings inside the app (not the phone), there is an option to turn off the automatic Bluetooth connection. This might work.
Thanks for this, I've just found and changed the setting, I'll test it out later to see if this has sorted the issue.

Sorry I haven’t got back sooner - I couldn’t solve it yesterday but think I might have twigged it now. During a call make sure the mic is enabled otherwise your phone mic is trying to pick up the sound. Also, during a call, you can adjust the volume without it affecting the radio when you finish the call. Hope this helps.
Thanks GordieG and others for your help, I have AA and will be trying it out this weekend, I will report back.

Thanks GordieG and others for your help, I have AA and will be trying it out this weekend, I will report back.
Done, but could the original post be added to the specific model forums as I only looked here by chance., oops sorry wrong thread! Ignore.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom