Bluetooth issues with my MGZS Trophy

Des

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else had issues with their iPhone / Bluetooth whilst making a call or actually on a call for whatever reason Bluetooth shuts down the call and just seems to be impossible to reconnect.
I have had to at times stop the car switch it off and then see if I can reconnect the Bluetooth, has anyone else having this issue It’s been into the dealerships and they say that MG have no real issue or any update that can rectify this problem ,ask me to disconnect my phone from the car and reconnect it which I have done but still no better, any advise ?

Last edited:
If it disconnects, rather than shutting down the whole car completely, when it happens have you tried holding down the far left HOME button on the info unit ?.
Keep it held down for about 10 seconds, until the head unit fully reboots to the MG logo and then release the button.

If it disconnects, rather than shutting down the whole car completely, when it happens have you tried holding down the far left HOME button on the info unit ?.
Keep it held down for about 10 seconds, until the head unit fully reboots to the MG logo and then release the button.
Yes I have try that before and yes some times it has work but other times I had to shut /turn the car off and lock the car then reopen and then it OK, but more so it happen when I driving and I have to wait until i can safely pull over, thanks anyway.

The only way is to unpaired and then pair the phone again
So the advice from the Service department at MG is to plug my phone in via the lead and see if that helps which kind of makes the Bluetooth useless for the car !!! I understand what they’re trying to say but even driving in this morning the radio station just locked onto one channel couldn’t move it from that until I pulled up at work and turn the car off I’ll keep you informed.

My issue was that the phone would make the call but the voice was not heard through the car so I had to pick up the phone and use it, Obviously when stopped. I cured this by getting an Android Auto Wi-Fi box which I plug int the USB socket and use the android auto phone app which connects and works every time, also no need to plug the phone in to use google maps etc. They do a similar box for Apply Carplay too.

My issue was that the phone would make the call but the voice was not heard through the car so I had to pick up the phone and use it, Obviously when stopped. I cured this by getting an Android Auto Wi-Fi box which I plug int the USB socket and use the android auto phone app which connects and works every time, also no need to plug the phone in to use google maps etc. They do a similar box for Apply Carplay too.
thank you for that information

I have the Ottocast Wireless Carplay Adapter for iPhone use. Has both WiFi and Bluetooth. Left permanently in the USB socket under the centre console, and doesn't trouble the 12V battery, even though it seems to be always on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Ottocast Wireless Carplay Adapter for iPhone use. Has both WiFi and Bluetooth. Left permanently in the USB socket under the centre console, and doesn't trouble the 12v battery, even though it seems to be always on.
I think you will find that the USB socket powers up when you unlock the car, and powers down with the infotainment unit, which is 10 minutes with the doors unlocked, or when you lock the doors.

update , MG called to say there is a update available for the above issue !!!! great so the car booked in for 27/12/23 to have this done , I shall keep you informed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom