Bluetooth lag

NeilC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, newbie question.

Why is there a 2-second delay when streaming via Blue Tooth from my phone/table or laptop?

If I am watching Netflix on my phone with audio coming from car, there is a 2-second delay, is there a fix for this?

Also, how do you make the video button work on the entertainment system?

Cheers

I have not explored video on the entertainment system, I believe it supports playback from usb media.
Regarding the delay, I will try it on mine and come back to you.

The lag is common to many systems when audio and video are routed via different sources.
Thanks, is there a way around it?
I am often sitting in the car for an hour or so waiting for children's clubs to finish, so watch a lot of Netflix.

Sadly its just a thing with Bluetooth especially when it comes to cars as they don't set them up nor put the right software into them for low latency audio. 3/3 cars with bluetooth in them had the same issues. :(

Can you mirror phone onto info screen?
Audio and video need to be viewed from same source. Same thing can happen when Tv played through cinema system until you dial in sync adjustment.

Check this and other posts on the thread - Post in thread 'Wireless CarPlay - and some other features.' Wireless CarPlay - and some other features.

This device lets you mirror your phone.

There are other variants of the device which costs about £140 ish on AliExpress that are 4G supported.These are android boxes and comes with Google playstore. So you can install any app and your infotainment screen becomes a 10.1 inch android tablet! If you insert a sim with 4G data, you dont even need your phone. Its expensive but worth the investment if its going to be useful. I ordered one of the 4G ones too and waiting to recv it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom