Bluetooth ODB2 reader

atrayf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone god a recommendation for an ODB2 reader that will work with the MG5?

Had to call the AA at Fleet Services South the other week when the charger put my car into error mode when disconnecting.

The AA man was not very optimistic but suggested that he clear the error code (which he could not interpret). This solved the problem.

So I though I might get a reader for myself so next time i can at least gave a look...

Sadly I forgot to take a note of the code at the time; so the dealer was not much help the next day.

A week later the same charger at Fleet refused to work at all which sent me on a merry dance around the country side with very little range at 1am...

Had to call the AA at Fleet Services South the other week when the charger put my car into error mode when disconnecting.

The AA man was not very optimistic but suggested that he clear the error code (which he could not interpret). This solved the problem.

So I though I might get a reader for myself so next time i can at least gave a look...

Sadly I forgot to take a note of the code at the time; so the dealer was not much help the next day.

A week later the same charger at Fleet refused to work at all which sent me on a merry dance around the country side with very little range at 1am...
There is a Resources Forum where somebody who makes an app is discussing this. As far as I can see, he (@Watchdog I believe) has only implemented the readout for the ZS, not the 5. But his webpage might help you find readers that can get some data out.

There are a couple of dongles that connect to your phone which allow reading SOC, etc - but not sure these will allow clearing of codes or not - all depends on the software you're using I suspect. Can't advise on standalone - I've got one for previous ICE car but not plugged into my MG5 yet.

These are the dongles I know work with Car Scanner (for iOS)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom