Bluetooth reconnecting...(solution) and why can't you turn the damn stereo OFF?

Moog42

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Just a solution for once :) and a stupid stereo question...

I had disconnected my daughters bluetooth phone from the system as she kept playing the WORST music all the time, and noted that you can't then reconnect again... a little bit of trying (and a review of the hapless manual) and it seems that once connected and then deleted you can't reconnect without changing the name of your device. Once I did that it appeared again on my iPhone and we were back in business. My daughters music taste is still rubbish though.

Elsewhere I can't find a setting to actually turn the audio off. My wife listens to music and the radio all the time - I never listen to anything ever, an audio system is a complete waste on me in a car. But every time I get in it automatically starts up. I mute it but can't turn it off it seems. Stop and start and it's back on again. Driving me nuts. Anyone found a way to actually turn it off?

You can turn off the display but not just the radio, you turn the volume all the way down and you need to set volume on in the settings I think.

Went for a test drive that answered many of my HS PHEV questions, but did not get a chance to try this one.
On my Octavia when I have music playing from my mini USB stick plugged in and at a pleasant volume and also a Navigation destination set, I can hear both at the same time, volume is on the steering wheel; a roller type of knob. I found that I needed the Nav guidance at a higher volume than the music. By accident I found I could increase the Nav volume but only when guidance was working. Say Nav was speaking 'Turn left in 300m then turn right' While this was happening adjusting the volume roller up made the Nav louder but kept the music at the same level. When Nav was silent I could adjust the music volume up or down without altering my Nav volume. Anyone volunteer to try it on the HS?

When I am playing music from the USB and then shut the car down, on restart the infotainment continues playing my USB music where it left off at shut down. HS Yes, No ?

It’s the same on my car that I have had you can adjust the nav volume when speaking and what audio you have running will stay the same.

It’s the same on my car that I have had you can adjust the nav volume when speaking and what audio you have running will stay the same.
Thanks Jto.
Perhaps you can check the second of my ?'s :)

When I am playing music from the USB and then shut the car down, on restart the infotainment continues playing my USB music where it left off at shut down. HS Yes, No ?

It's a pity there is only one USB input, I use USB stick for music and listen every journey, Nav not that often. I would like to try Android Auto for Nav but as only one USB input I would need to use phone for both. Music file is quite large so will have to check if phone has enough spare space.

Hi
I do not use a usb stick I got a cplay2air today which I have fitted today so can not answer your?.

Easiest way to turn the radio 'off' at start-up every time is to simply hit the mute button on the steering wheel audio panel. I haven't found any other way - and yes, it's a damned nuisance as the volume up and down keys are SO slow to react otherwise.

You can turn off the display but not just the radio, you turn the volume all the way down and you need to set volume on in the settings I think.
I press mute to turn the radio off if I want the display on. Or I hold down the Home button to turn everything off, then time and date displays with a black back ground. I sometimes use this because the normal home screen is too bright at night time, even though I've got the brightness to it's darkest or on auto.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom