Bluetooth

Kay

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
If a message comes through on my phone, it automatically stops the radio or sat navigation. Is there any way to overview this?

Keep your phone locked and it wont happen, it's the flaky Chinese infotainment software, it's full of bugs. The rest of the car is brilliant.

Upvote 0
I obviously don't unlock the phone while I driving, but when a message comes through, the car radio and/or sat nav stops 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
If you have an Apple phone there is a drive mode somewhere where it stops notifications whilst driving. Not sure about Android as I’ve never had one.

Upvote 0
Clunky workaround, but When you pair the car, untick the media option leaving phone calls and contact permissions ticked, this way you'll still get calls, but your radio won't be interrupted for email / Whatapp or SMS notifications, it's a pity it doesn't switch the audio back to previous source automatically after the notification like other brands do.

Downside of this option is you can't stream audio over Bluetooth now, but that doesn't bother me much as you can still plug in the usb cable for android auto /apple carplay if you want to play audio. Or re-tick the media option in your phone BT setting temporarily, see android screenshot below.
1000008620.jpg

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom