BMS and the Comfort Update

Darkpond

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I contacted my local dealer yesterday to book the car in for the BMS and HV Fuse update. I was told that these were part of the comfort update and it would be chargeable as per.
However I had the comfort update applied last July when I bought the car. As far as I am aware, at least as far as members on this forum and owners on YouTube have said the BMS update allows the car to be charged unlocked. Mine does not allow me to charge unlocked so I am assuming that I need the BMS update!!!
Is what the dealer has stated true, was a BMS update part of the comfort update and is there an additional BMS update?
Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks,

Darkpond

P.S. My car would not let me out the other day, car in park ignition off, interior door release did not work, had to open the window and use the outside handle!!!

Your dealer is wrong, tell them to call MG and confirm the situation. The fuse and BMS updates are subsequent to your comfort2 update and are not chargeable to the customer. This is not opinion, but fact. :)

If your car keeps on not letting you out from the inside handle, you need that fixing under warranty!

Hi All,

I contacted my local dealer yesterday to book the car in for the BMS and HV Fuse update. I was told that these were part of the comfort update and it would be chargeable as per.
However I had the comfort update applied last July when I bought the car. As far as I am aware, at least as far as members on this forum and owners on YouTube have said the BMS update allows the car to be charged unlocked. Mine does not allow me to charge unlocked so I am assuming that I need the BMS update!!!
Is what the dealer has stated true, was a BMS update part of the comfort update and is there an additional BMS update?
Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks,

Darkpond

P.S. My car would not let me out the other day, car in park ignition off, interior door release did not work, had to open the window and use the outside handle!!!
They shouldn't charge you for the BMS and HV Fuse update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom