BMS update???

E

EV AL

My zs ev is just 2 weeks old, I gave it a full charge until the MG light went out.
As in the photo it only went to 455v, I would have thought being new it would have had the update taking it to 449v, or does it take a while to adjust?
also it only gives me a distance to go of 138 miles, not what I expected.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 154
It looks like your dealer has not deployed the latest BMS (Feb 21) which they should have done as part of the PDI. With this version 138 miles is about right and you need also to reset the trip for the GOM to update

I need to add this to my signature thing...
Reset the Accumulated Trip so that it resets the range calculation, it is the only way to get a range comparison against other cars, otherwise it is just based on how you have been driving your car & irrelevant to anyone elses. Then start the car without pressing brake pedal and get the N3 GOM.

That looks like your car has got an old BMS version for some reason, very suspicious and warrants some investigation as you could well have a problematic version of the BMS. Unless your car left the factory before July, at 455v it must have either a slightly problematic BMS or a Very problematic BMS installed.

Give it a run say half down or something, then fully charge it again, check if it's still at ~455 and not ~450v.

After the battery re-boot last week getting 159 and 177 on eco mode !! Seems like a new car although on charge it is taking a little more electricity - MG say the cells have been revigorated and will take a tad more !!

My zs ev is just 2 weeks old, I gave it a full charge until the MG light went out.
As in the photo it only went to 455v, I would have thought being new it would have had the update taking it to 449v, or does it take a while to adjust?
also it only gives me a distance to go of 138 miles, not what I expected.
You may not have the faulty bms of course. If you get 455v consistently when fully charged then you don’t have the faulty bms. MG have changed the upper and lower voltages (449v upper) on later bms and I understand intend to update all cars at service time unless you have faulty bms , in which case they will make contact. MG don’t appear consistent on this at all. Your car really should have had the 449v bms before you collected but it doesn’t mean that you necessarily have the faulty bms. There are a lot of cars running the 455v bms without faults. Your range is based on many factors and the displayed range is an estimate only. The more that you use the car the more accurate this may become.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom