Bongs and Comforty Pack 2

Exdro

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have just booked my car in for the comfort pack 2 update to silence the "bongs".
This however is at a cost.
Since one of the improvements is to stop the horn sounding when a passenger leaves, this should be done at no cost.
It is illegal to sound your horn when stationary and between the hours of 11.30pm and 7.00.
It is also forbidden on hospital and certain other premises/zones.
I contend that this should be done as a recall in order to make the car road legal at no charge to the owner. Any thoughts?

I have already said the same thing, but was shot down by one or two members on this forum. But I totally agree and used this as my message to get my updates for free and it worked. My dealer understood and agreed after I showed him the faults and further explained that my neighbours were on the war path as I mainly returned from work early hours; also it’s very random as sometimes it happens and other times it didn’t..

I don't think you were "shot down"...people have different views.
I was driven to distraction by all the bongs and horn peeps.....and was so glad to get rid of them, I didn't mind paying, as it seemed the only way for me. Obviously I would have preferred them to be free...and I think they should have been...but it was the lesser of the two evils .
My next door neighbour's bedroom window is only 3 foot from my electric garage door...I'm often up early and sometimes home late and like you, don't like disturbing them unnecessarily.

@Mark Holmes,
Please do not feel shot down on this issue. As @Chrispydoc said a few have other views. Looking at your regular conbritutions, you will see most members agree with you on several issues.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom