Bonnet and Stone Deflector

Mr C

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
In previous cars I have had many stone chips to the bonnet and a windscreen and needed to replace the windscreen on a few occasions. I plan to fit a bonnet and stone deflector, has anyone identified or fitted anything suitable to the MG5?

You mean a bonnet bra? It’ll look worse than stone chips and if it’s universal fit, likely mark it worse too.

Paint protection film is probably the way to go if you’re concerned - that or drive less close to the car in front.

You also need to consider the impact on range if you fit a spoiler type deflector. These type of fitments are usually on very high mileage cars that are travelling at higher speeds. Do you intend to be in that category? And I agree - they don’t look great 🙂 if you’re still keen to do something I would suggest you wrap it too.

I don't get close enough to the vehicle in front, so my bonnet and front valance don't get chipped. However, a truck travelling in the opposite direction threw something up that took a massive chunk out of my paintwork and left a sizeable dent. I have also had windscreens damaged similarly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom