Boot handle stuck on Mk2

lusitano

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

Wondering if you could assist here, I noticed today when I went to open the boot door, the handle is stuck halfway or takes me a few tries for it to open now, it's like it doesn't spring back into position anymore, I can't see anything obvious.

20221107_084931.jpg20221107_084912.jpg

Apologies for the quality pics it was raining, we got in last night from a long trip so didn't even notice this.

Should I call my local MG dealer to get it repaired or it's something I can do?

Thanks

Hello @lusitano,

I had exactly the same problem and just happened across this post. I looked underneath and the spring looked fine. I then sprayed a little 3-In-1 oil (aerosol can not traditional oil can) and it now works fine.

The weather has been quite bad here and the rear door had a lot of road spray and dirt so I am wondering whether this has collected in the hinge area.

Hello @lusitano,

I had exactly the same problem and just happened across this post. I looked underneath and the spring looked fine. I then sprayed a little 3-In-1 oil (aerosol can not traditional oil can) and it now works fine.

The weather has been quite bad here and the rear door had a lot of road spray and dirt so I am wondering whether this has collected in the hinge area.
Thanks, I'll check it tomorrow as I WFH, will update if it resolves the issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom