Bored waiting

Taxman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, I ordered my pre-facelift MG5 in early September - just a lease from Zen. It was discounted and came with a ‘predicted’ 4 week delivery schedule. I assumed that they were flogging off the left over stock. But, despite a few ‘it’s in its way, our delivery partners will be in touch’ emails it hasn’t arrived and their reply to my nag yesterday was ‘late November’. I get the impression that this amounts to ‘no idea, we haven’t heard yet so the computer just rolls forward the prediction by a month’.

Anyone had better results on recent orders?

With dealers starting to push the face lift model with a lead time of only a few weeks it makes me wonder if any orders for the pre face lift will actually be fulfilled.

With dealers starting to push the face lift model with a lead time of only a few weeks it makes me wonder if any orders for the pre face lift will actually be fulfilled.
Was looking for more optimism but, yeah, slowly accepting that as a likely prospect.

Having said that you would expect any decent dealer to be on the phone to members with back orders to have an honest chat about their options.

I’ve had one order since February with leaseplan, was given a delivery date in August, then October, still not hit the build plan. I’ve been assured though I’ll get it. Not sure when, at this rate I’ll have retired by the time it’s arrived.
Leaseplan said I could cancel, but might need to pay a cancellation fee and start over.

Hi, I ordered my pre-facelift MG5 in early September - just a lease from Zen. It was discounted and came with a ‘predicted’ 4 week delivery schedule. I assumed that they were flogging off the left over stock. But, despite a few ‘it’s in its way, our delivery partners will be in touch’ emails it hasn’t arrived and their reply to my nag yesterday was ‘late November’. I get the impression that this amounts to ‘no idea, we haven’t heard yet so the computer just rolls forward the prediction by a month’.

Anyone had better results on recent orders?
Orders for preface lift were stopped in June
I reckon they’re hunting dealer stocks of cancelled cars

I should give and update and admit that I was being unfair to Zen Auto. My pre-facelift MG5 is now booked for delivery on 28th. All things considered an early/mid September order fulfilled before December isn't really something I should be whinging about. Look out for variety of daft newbie questions next week!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom