BP Pulse home wall charger

Sark21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Sorry if this has been mentioned before .
I've had this charger installed a year ago and wasn't too bothered at first about scheduled charges as it took them a while to get smart meter picking up signal .
When I did try a scheduled charge I found it wouldn't work.Must have contacted BP Pulse have a dozen times and got told various things to try to no avail.
That was until last week got a call from them to say early models of charges where programmed to trickle charge.
He said that he could update over the air a firmware update to the charger.

After setting up a scheduled charge for over night charging ,I plugged lead into car and wall charger.No instant full power charging !
I kept a eye on it for it switching on at midnight ,which it did be it half hour late.It went off on time too.So a successful update.

My car by the way is a mark 1 mg zs exclusive.

So if anyone else having a similar problem I would ask to see if a update can be done to wall charger.He said had updated around sixty wall units for MG owners.

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_120336424.jpg
    IMG_20230202_120336424.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 156
Does that wall box have "Smart Functions" it looks more like one of the earlier "dumb" units ?.
Also, you have the Gen 1 ZS EV which has no means of setting a delayed charge from the head unit inside of the car IF indeed it is a dumb unit.
Unless you installed a Wi-Fi relay inside the unit, which you could control from a free App on your phone.
As long as your wall box is in range of your internet router.

Hi Lovemyev
It was called a smart charger,but has always played dumb.The app I use is the charge master one by BP. I could change the rate of charge and see how much power I've used but could never set a scheduled charge.It always started charging at 7kw soon at it was plugged in.
Chap on phone says he has just updated firmware for me.Must have as it now works as it should.That is when plugged in it won't set off charging until told to do so.

It was installed by their installers so don't know what's inside box

Well a bit of a update
It did work at times but a bit of a hit and miss . After numerous emails and call to BP pulse they where finally going to send an engineer out.

I wasn’t expecting miracles but they changed my wall box to a new one.
Engineer said they relized that there’s a three year warranty on box’s and so could change it.
It’s a smart unit made for them by a third party company.
It still wouldn’t do the scheduled charge after midnight but could just use cars remote to unlock and lock car from within the house not have to go outside and physically unlock and unplug/ plug car in to charge.
It’s my wife’s mobility car and we are both disabled so having to go under pantry shelf and bending down to re boot the power was a bit of a carryon without having to go outside at night too( Just changed over to octopus go)
So anyone having similar trouble with old unit I would enquire.
IMG_0473.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom