Brighter reversing lights?!

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, can anyone tell me if it’s possible to get brighter reversing lights in my zs long range trophy please? I really struggle to see a thing in the dark! Another question, does the parking sensor in the dark rely on the poor lights or does it use some sort of sensor to detect other things? Thanks in advance.

I think the reversing lamps are still incandescent so you could upgrade them to LED and get a brighter light. The sensors use ultrasonics so works regardless of light or dark.

Hi,
Same problem…I fitted these, amazing improvement

AGLINT T15 W16W LED Bulbs CANBUS Error Free 22SMD T16 955 921 912 Wedge for Car Backup Reverse Lights …on amazon​

I fitted these as well, excellent update, and a very noticeable improvement in light output.

I think the reversing lamps are still incandescent so you could upgrade them to LED and get a brighter light. The sensors use ultrasonics so works regardless of light or dark.

Thanks everyone, that all sounds very promising! One other question, a friend just asked if my car brakes if someone walks behind it when reversing and I haven’t had that happen! Does anyone know?!

Thanks everyone, that all sounds very promising! One other question, a friend just asked if my car brakes if someone walks behind it when reversing and I haven’t had that happen! Does anyone know?!
My MG5 has only the Forward Collision System (p191). Sadly I know this to be true because over Christmas I managed to reverse into my neighbour's Volvo :-(

Another duplicated thread. A simple search would have found this.

IMG_4556.jpeg
IMG_4557.jpeg

Just a word of advice for MG4 owners, you will need a T20 21W LED Bulb (usually says 7443 and 7440 as well), rather than the T15 size mentioned in this thread. The latter is a smaller socket and the bulb falls out the MG4 with the T20 socket!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom