Bulb kit

Padaung

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
H folks,

I'm putting together an emergency bulb kit to keep in the car.

From searching this forum and elsewhere online I've found out that the headlight/dipped bulb is an HB3.

Could anyone tell what fitting is required for:
Indicators
Rear lights
Brake lights

I have searched but found nothing thus far...

Thanks in advance.

It's all in the owners manual:

lamps.JPG

Excluding the headlamps can all the others bulbs be changed for LED's without causing an MOT failure?

Excluding the headlamps can all the others bulbs be changed for LED's without causing an MOT failure?
Be careful with that, If you use LED replacement indicator bulbs this may be a differant flasher rate, as LED also lights up quick than "normal" bulbs and the indicators will flash too quickly.
You often see lots of bikes with Mini indicators with the wrong flasher speed, it can be fixed with a suitable indicator flasher relay to compensate with the LED bulbs.
There are some LED bulbs that can be suitable, but please do some checking.
Just something to think about.

I would only change the ones that someone else had recommended after they had done all the leg work 😄

My little spare bulb kit is assembled :)

Halfords delivered this morning, very impressive delivery turnaround as I only placed the order yesterday evening.

Probably didn't need to get two indicator bulbs, but one type came in a double pack so figured I'd get two of the other one as well.

The times I've previously had headlamps or brake lights fail (on other cars) they have both gone at once so definitely wanted a pair of both of those.

PXL_20220112_114623867.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom