Bumper scratch scuff and mess

MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
😖 my other half reversed into our narrow drive and swung the front bumper into a mud bank, kept going and cut a big black line along the side and round to the front of my nice clean white bumper!
Big black line surrounded by big scuff marks all over a variable thickness curved nicely around the contours of the bumper...anyone know what chips away costs or any good options to hide this?
So annoying! I'm trying to bite my tongue but I'm very pissed off. It's a two month old car!!! 😭

Last edited:
😖 my other half reversed into our narrow drive and swung the front bumper into a mud bank, kept going and cut a big black line along the side and round to the front of my nice clean white bumper!
Big black line surrounded by big scuff marks all over a variable thickness curved nicely around the contours of the bumper...anyone know what chips away costs or any good options to hide this?
So annoying! I'm trying to bite my tongue but I'm very pissed off. It's a two month old car!!! 😭
O dear
How’s the tongue hope it’s not too painful
My son had a similar scrape on his Audi and it cost him £150 at the local body shop
So it’s not the end of the world
Good luck
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

.....anyone know what chips away costs or any good options to hide this?
Chips away will know.

I've sent pictures to a company for a ruff guide but haven't heard back yet, been working all week so not had a chance to go anywhere but it is going to be a ball ache!

I hand mine scuffed while parked (the same black chip) it cost £250, since pandemic prices seem to have increased. I got quoted from 3 bodyshops and all the same price.

I’ve found local body shops have very competitive prices as they do not have the high overheads, advertising and franchising costs of national companies. Worth getting a quote from both and choosing one with good recommendations. Good luck and forgive your wife. Life is too short to get upset over a piece of machinery.

Aaargh..feel your pain!. I've had this situation a few times with other cars. ( my fault on at least one occasion ). I've tried chips away but not hhad a lot of success. However I have d good success with polishing out scuffs as long as they are not through the first coat of laquer. ( came out perfect ) For a brand new lovely car it may be worth paying to get it done professionally . The savings in diesel / petrol in one year alone would probably pay for the damage many times over !

I know, it's local place that quoted the £300 and it isn't the end of the world just a car bumper... But I really could have done without!
I'm sure it'll be a pain when the pcp term is up too, unless I keep it longer but I'm not sure about that yet.

I'm lucky that my budget would stretch to get that repaired. Are you maybe going to get it done for the sake of having a pristine car again?. ( I would ). Had the same issue with a Kia Sorrento many years back. Spent a few hundred quid getting a bad door ding fixed. Glad i did. Makes you feel a lot better about the car. Hope you get it fixed nice.

I'm lucky that my budget would stretch to get that repaired. Are you maybe going to get it done for the sake of having a pristine car again?. ( I would ). Had the same issue with a Kia Sorrento many years back. Spent a few hundred quid getting a bad door ding fixed. Glad i did. Makes you feel a lot better about the car. Hope you get it fixed nice.
Yeah I think I'll have to, it'll be a pain when I get to the end of this finance agreement if nothing else, they probably say it isn't fair wear and tear or something and it'll end up costing me double for the dealer to fix it.
And it is nice to know there aren't these little niggles, still could be worse, could have been on metal.

Aaaa, did not realise it was a lease type car. Is it not insured fully comp?? In the end, £500 is just that, over three years its not a massive hit...Good luck, and keep the wife...:)

You could try a local ’Dent Devils’ branch. Look it up in Google and several in your vicinity should pop up. Had very good reports on the chap at Nottingham, people praising him no end! Bound to be some around where you live.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom