• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Buying an EV is it still worth it here’s what Miles Roberts has to say

Nice one Miles
Les

Just caught this video from Miles a little earlier tonight - thanks Les !.
It links up nicely with a conversation that started on the last, recent pod cast.
Miles gives a totally honest assessment of comparing EV’s to fossil cars now.
The usage case margins have become a lot tighter now, than they use to be.
The meaningful and correct drive to EV motoring, has taken a real punch to the guts recently, given that the PIG has been totally removed, then the massive hike in charging costs away from home have gone crazy.
Not to mention the application of VED now placed on EV’s from 2025.
The big drive to actively encourage the uptake of EV’s to reduce co/2 emissions, has suddenly become less of a priority it would appear ?.

The big drive to actively encourage the uptake of EV’s to reduce co/2 emissions, has suddenly become less of a priority it would appear ?.
Hi what that’s exactly right it will slow down the uptake no end that plus the way cost of charging has go up for the many who can’t charge at home on a time of use tariff of which I’m one at the present time no smart meter at the moment it will turn many away from EVs for sure.
I read in the Express I think it was the other day there is some pressure being put on the government to introduce the tax on EVs with immediate effect so it could well come before 2025 if they get there way
Les

Hi what that’s exactly right it will slow down the uptake no end that plus the way cost of charging has go up for the many who can’t charge at home on a time of use tariff of which I’m one at the present time no smart meter at the moment it will turn many away from EVs for sure.
I read in the Express I think it was the other day there is some pressure being put on the government to introduce the tax on EVs with immediate effect so it could well come before 2025 if they get there way
Les
I am one of those poor people who do not have the option to charge at. Compared to diesel car as long as I am paying no than 75p/kw I am still better off. But many reasons to go EV.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom