BYD Atto 3

Impressive value for money. Three observations:
  • I bet it'll be a lot more than £24k if it gets to the UK
  • BYD have no UK dealer network, and creating one from scratch is not easy
  • It's yet another Crossover/SUV :mad:

Apparently they have a Australian only production line and being RHS, may be easier to transition to GB?
If it comes sub 26/28K would be very competitive and doesn't look bad either, EV is the future so hard but not impossible to entice dealers?

Apparently they have a Australian only production line and being RHS, may be easier to transition to GB?

It may have issues with EU legislation that UK still closely follows. That could explain the price and availability in Aus as well if they can't get into Europe.

EV is the future so hard but not impossible to entice dealers?
I'm amazed that nobody has acted to pick up the Mitsubishi network. It may not have been the best but already has EV and PHEV experience.

Impressive value for money. Three observations:
  • I bet it'll be a lot more than £24k if it gets to the UK
  • BYD have no UK dealer network, and creating one from scratch is not easy
  • It's yet another Crossover/SUV :mad:
Indicators on wrong side ❗

It's true look at 6:20 on, he cancels the indicator on the right of the column ❌❌

Last edited:
As far as I am aware nobody has seen a right hand drive version of the Ato 3. All Youtube reviews aimed at Australia and NZ seem to be left hand drive Chinese versions. We have been on tenterhooks waiting for BYD's launch in Auatralia and NZ and the dates keep being pushed back. I got fed up waiting in NZ and bought the MG ZS EV. I am now informed by YouTuber Electric Viking that the Ato 3 has not been submitted to ANCAP for crash testing yet, which will no doubt mean further delays

As far as I am aware nobody has seen a right hand drive version of the Ato 3. All Youtube reviews aimed at Australia and NZ seem to be left hand drive Chinese versions. We have been on tenterhooks waiting for BYD's launch in Auatralia and NZ and the dates keep being pushed back. I got fed up waiting in NZ and bought the MG ZS EV. I am now informed by YouTuber Electric Viking that the Ato 3 has not been submitted to ANCAP for crash testing yet, which will no doubt mean further delays

Check out the video on post 1 of this very thread 👍

Indicators on wrong side ❗

It's true look at 6:20 on, he cancels the indicator on the right of the column ❌❌
That's the side they used to be on in this country. My first few cars had them that way.
If you think about it, it was the mirror image of the European (LHD) way, i.e. the indicators/light switches on the offside of the car.

That's the side they used to be on in this country. My first few cars had them that way.
If you think about it, it was the mirror image of the European (LHD) way, i.e. the indicators/light switches on the offside of the car.
Glad we dont feel the need to swap foot pedals

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom