Cabin heater issues

Trexcarey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi members. Has anyone been experiencing issues with the heater in their MG ZS Long range? The heater works initially heating the cabin but then it reduces the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. It then doesn't come back on until the car temperature has dropped around 5 degrees from the set point. My wife has to drive to work with blankets over her legs to stay comfortable. Also, the windows are constantly steaming up and I have to turn on the windscreen clearing mode. Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to correct this issue. I have looked everywhere in the software and there doesn't seem to be any solutions to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal mode, temperature set to 22/23, fan speed 2, air from outside rather than recirculating, and you shouldn’t have any issues with misting up.
Took me ages to get things ‘just right’ - and I do like the heated seat on at this time of year!

Normal mode, temperature set to 22/23, fan speed 2, air from outside rather than recirculating, and you shouldn’t have any issues with misting up.
Took me ages to get things ‘just right’ - and I do like the heated seat on at this time of year!
Pretty much what I do

Personally I have never seen any advantages of using Eco mode over the default normal mode myself TBH.
( Other than it reducing the heating out put from the heater to supply heat into the cabin and who the hell wants THAT this time of the year ).
Normal mode for the win and crank up the temp to 22 - 23 and bugger the loss of range I say 🤣 .

Personally I have never seen any advantages of using Eco mode over the default normal mode myself TBH.
( Other than it reducing the heating out put from the heater to supply heat into the cabin and who the hell wants THAT this time of the year ).
Normal mode for the win and crank up the temp to 22 - 23 and bugger the loss of range I say 🤣 .
I get more range in ECO mode. Once its at a comfortable temp, I switch to ECO mode. I will give it Normal mode boosts evey now and again if it starts to get cold. However careful I may be with the accelerator, if I drive the same way with ECO and Normal, I always get more range with ECO. If its rainy and mists up, I will set as required to eliminate tge misting up. Its no hassle whatsoever fir me, flipping between Normal and Eco. I only use Sport very infrequently ( I'm not particularly a drive a car for fun person) for occasional pleasure driving on appropriate roads, where it safe to do so, or when extra power is required eg up dirt road on a hill, should I ever find myself on such a road.

I do similar. ZS LR mk 2 trophy.
Setting temp to 'high'. (Enjoy the burning smell when first engaged). On about a 4 fan speed, drawing in air from outside (never 'circ' mode to avoid steaming up) pointing down to my toes in 'normal' mode.
Then once the car (and toes) are warmed up nicely i put it in eco for a while... until I want another blast.
If misting as it's a very, very wet day I share the love putting it on toes and screen (normally clears it ok, without needing drying AC on, but that's always a last resort & clears everytime).
However, most of the year I drive in eco mode, like Miss Daisy and get a lot of range.

Don't confuse GOM with actual range. Are you seriously saying that every journey you make you're taking the car down to the last % and that eco mode saves you?

Two tips that might help - small dehumidiers in cabin to stop misting up ( taken from another post ) . Use heated seats rather than heater to preserve battery range ( from EV charging guide)

And maybe one of these type of things

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209-114654_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209-114654_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 39
On my commute, I use eco mode on the motorway and fast A roads. The rest is on normal mode to get some heat into the cabin.
Good tip about preventing condensation Susanna.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom