Call MG First

Jon Farmer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My wife and I have signed up for this and have the key tag things on our key ring. Anyone actually know what happens if you have need to call them and if it’s worth it?

My wife and I have signed up for this and have the key tag things on our key ring. Anyone actually know what happens if you have need to call them and if it’s worth it?
Sorry, never heard of this and can't help you.

This is the scheme whereby you call MG first, before your insurance claim, say after a bump, and they will deal with your insurance company and ensure car is repaired by them....I think.

Edit, just looked it up, it's free.

@Gomev

Thanks for the link, interesting page. BUT, if you follow the link on that page to "Find out more" (which then goes to mg.co.uk) that whole site has apparently nothing about "MG Accident Aftercare".

I have filled in my details etc. on the initial sign-up page; it will be interesting to see what actually arrives "within 28 days".

They clearly are in no way connected with MG/SAIC. Their website is insecure and you should not enter anything on it. From that:

MG Accident Aftercare is provided by Verex Assistance UK Ltd registered in England and Wales Company No. 05687158, 730 Waterside Drive, Aztec West, Bristol BS32 4UE.

MG Insurance is arranged and administered by Verex Insurance Services Ltd, registered in England and Wales No. 05686831 at 730 Waterside Drive, Aztec West, Bristol BS32 4UE and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, No. 487185. Verex Insurance Services Ltd arranges policies from a panel of insurers, details are available on request.

Personally I would not touch them with the proverbial bargepole.

I have had a rummage around the MG website and this seems to be the same thing under a different name, same phone number etc..
On the MG website top of page click the down arrow beside My MG (don't click on My MG) and a sub menu appears. On there is Insurance and Excess Return, click on that and you will find a button for Excess Return which leads to this.

The same scam setup mentioned earlier.
It's common to see them referred by otherwise reputable companies because they receive a kickback.
This is not altruism, there is serious money being made.

The same scam setup mentioned earlier.
It's common to see them referred by otherwise reputable companies because they receive a kickback.
This is not altruism, there is serious money being made.
They may receive a kickback but that hardly makes it a scam. It's not quite Nigerian Prince is it ?

No need to buy their insurance, you have up to £250 of your insurance excess paid for you and have someone to deal with the aftermath of an accident for you and the car repaired with genuine MG parts. Terrible scam. And I suppose that singing man at GoCompare who pay up to £250 of your excess are also running a scam too. 🤷‍♂️

It's the other insurance company that becomes the victim, not yourself.
I unwittingly used such a company years back (referred by my insurance company, Esure IIRC).
The big money spinner is to get you a hire car supplied by a sister company at vastly inflated rates. In my case it was a VW Golf that was charged at something like £95/day. All the excessive costs are passed on to the "at fault" insurance company of course but they will balance their books by raising premiums for everyone.
The claims management company and referrer win but in the long term everyone paying for insurance will lose.

. And I suppose that singing man at GoCompare who pay up to £250 of your excess are also running a scam too. 🤷‍♂️
ISTR when shopping for my car insurance renewal over the summer, a fair few comments & reviews suggesting they were rather reluctant to actually pay out & are/were introducing gotcha Ts & Cs to frustrate the process...

ISTR when shopping for my car insurance renewal over the summer, a fair few comments & reviews suggesting they were rather reluctant to actually pay out & are/were introducing gotcha Ts & Cs to frustrate the process...
Just like the insurance companies they compare then :ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom