Call to the dealer / Tyres

sharky Oleary

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Got an unrepairable puncture on my front nearside. As has been discussed multiple times on this and other forums getting the Bridgestone original tyre can be difficult but as I didn't want to replace both fronts I decided to give MG a call.

The guy was helpful however they didn't know what what was the correct tyre, I had to tell them. Also once the booking had been for a tyre had been made, they tried to sell me a virus protection spray (ok fine but not interested) and then a fuel system flush... for a car that's done less than 1000 mile...that's electric. 🙄

This is the first new car I have ever bought and I found this experience confusing. I have had little dealings with original dealers in the past but I would expect them to at least know what tyres go on the car and the fact it's full electric.

I would be interested in your dealer stories, is it my expectations that are wrong?

Sadly, low and sometimes almost non existent levels of product knowledge are not at all uncommon in the car industry so the MG dealer network is by no means on its own here.
Notwithstanding imbecilic offers such as the fuel flush you mention, if you routinely frequent places like this, the chances are that your vehicle knowledge will always be greater than your dealer's.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom