Camera can't detect variable speed signs

alf889

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I'm living in Sydney, Australia. On the Highway or Tollway have Electronic Variable speed signs.My HS Phev doesn't detect it. I wonder anyone have the same problem?

I've noticed on the motorways in the UK that the car recognizes the electronic overhead signs as you enter a restriction but then often it doesn't recognize the end of the restriction where we would have the 'national speed limit' sign i.e. a circle with a diagonal across it. You then have to drive with the speed limit warning flashing.

Considering Europe is talking about having the speed recognition systems actually limiting your top speed within the next few/several years, lets hope the technology improves somewhat. I don't fancy driving miles down a motorway being limited by the car to 40 or 50mph!!!

It does if you are using it, which in my case isn't very often.

The satnav is stand alone I.e. no live traffic or other updates so it doesn't know about any temporary speed limits and can be showing the national limit when the temporary restriction is lower! At least that's the case in the UK.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom