Camera problems

SimonMG5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone else have issues with one of their cameras now and again? I find it we start the car and quickly go into reverse sometimes the reverse camera doesn't show on screen. Also has the effect of the car icon getting fat as it stretches to fill the screen where camera missing.

I've had the reverse camera not showing up on my Pre Face Lift a couple of times . Not the scecond part of your description though

Does anyone else have issues with one of their cameras now and again? I find it we start the car and quickly go into reverse sometimes the reverse camera doesn't show on screen. Also has the effect of the car icon getting fat as it stretches to fill the screen where camera missing.
Yes.
I have an MG4, but assume it's all the same hardware/software.

The only way I get my reverse camera is if I do a soft reset at the start of my journey.

If I switch off and lock up it will have reverted back to not working again.

The other three have always worked.

I tend to not trust the reverse camera anyway (good job as mines awol) and tend to go old school and use 'eyes'

I'm sure a software update will sort it but I'm waiting til it's first service to get it done.

Takes time for the media centre to boot up, need to give it a few seconds before it's ready for input so to speak.

I think the clue is in the 'quickly'. I don't think the MG software does anything quickly.
A bit of slo-mo will hopefully fix your issue. :)

I've had it not come on before, also sometimes see a line of interference on the image from I think the brake lights coming on.

The cameras position also makes it easy for it to get covered in grime or the odd water droplet rendering it useless.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom