Can anyone help!!!

Harves

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I’m on my way to Whitby and stopped at the genie point charger at guisborough put about 60 ish miles in my mg5 went to drive away and it comes up system fault anyone help

There are some posts elsewhere about faults after charging. One of the answers was turn it off fully for 10 minutes and try again.

I don't actually own the MG5 yet but I did see that posted about before so glad it worked for you.

Anyone who has one, can you explain what happened to Harves here?

Is it to do with the 12v Battery getting drained?

I think there are 2 different issues.

1) sitting in the car using infotainment and aircon/heating while charging causing the 12 volt battery to drain.
2) charging to 90% or over on a rapid charger causing overheating.

I believe it is when you have pressed the start button twice with your foot off the brake and when actually being in drive mode (pressing brake pedal when pressing start button).

If you have pressed the start button once without pressing the brake (amber light on start button) you will drain the 12v battery.

Recharges when in drive mode. Takes electric from the battery pack and puts it into the 12 volt battery.

The 12 volt battery powers everything in the car apart from the electric motor. If the voltage drops too low none of these systems will come on so you won't be able to start the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom