Can device A play audio via Bluetooth whilst device B connected via CarPlay

mgillings

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
We have a 2021 MG5 EV. Is it possible to have one device connected via bluetooth whilst another device is connected via cable? My wife would like to have her Iphone plugged in so she can use satnav on touchscreen via CarPlay, and concurrently have kids' ipad audio playing through car speakers via Bluetooth. Unless we are doing something wrong, as soon as the Iphone is plugged in, Bluetooth connectivity (of any device) does not work. Is there a work around?

thanks

Simon

It may be an iphone thing as I think we have had one phone using maps and another connected via BT for music

Upvote 0
We have a 2021 MG5 EV. Is it possible to have one device connected via bluetooth whilst another device is connected via cable? My wife would like to have her Iphone plugged in so she can use satnav on touchscreen via CarPlay, and concurrently have kids' ipad audio playing through car speakers via Bluetooth. Unless we are doing something wrong, as soon as the Iphone is plugged in, Bluetooth connectivity (of any device) does not work. Is there a work around?

thanks

Simon
Yes you can. I have Android Auto but hopefully BT works in the sameish way.
Has Carplay started when you lose bluetooth ?
Are you using a bluetooth player that is Carplay compatible/enabled as you have to select it in Carplay.
Alternatively, when Carplay is active press the silver button centre bottom of the infotainment screen. This brings up the infotainment home screen. touch the 'radio' button and then select BT on the left of the screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom