Can I fit Headrest DVD players to my ZS EV ??

Nevski

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm looking to swap the headrests in my ZS Exclusive for a couple of DVD players.
Has anyone else done the same ??
Is it possible ??

Hi Nevski - I did it in one of my previous cars and should be possible in the ZS EV.

Forgive me if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but each headrest should come with a power lead and another lead to connect to each other to share the same DVD.

You'll need a couple of piggy back fuse holders (things will have moved on since I installed mines about 15 years ago so, obviously, if both headrests share a single power lead you'll only need 1 piggy back fuse holder.

I've not looked but you should be able to route the power lead down the seats and underneath the carpet and head for the glove box.

The fuse board is located underneath the glove box and you can use the piggy back fuse holders to power your DVD player - unsure if you want a permanent live as you may drain your battery whilst your kids are watching a film!

There's a few tutorials on Youtube on hard wiring Sat Nav's and they show which fuses they've used and I would suggest using the same or referring to their videos for a different fuse dependant on what the system requires.

Hope it goes well - please post some pics so others may replicate what you're doing! (y) ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Screenshots of fuse board taken from Tom's man shed youtube video. 15amp blue fuse if you want to piggy back to fuse that comes on with car. I used that for my dashcam.

Attachments

• 20210324_161748.jpg
    20210324_161748.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 20210324_161807.jpg
    20210324_161807.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 165
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back