Car Engine Low Guard

Frank

Established Member
Reaction score
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

The company above sell lots of accessories for the MG ZS. One of interest is as the title says is an Engine low guard which may solve a problem quoted on this forum. I have messaged them to ask if it will fit the EV. They advertise it for both of the ICE MG's . I am tempted to buy it anyway as it's only $85 with free postage after all it can't be far off a fit, but hopefully they will come back to me shortly. For those who have an Excite model (as I have) they sell roof bars which I have ordered, once fitted I will post pictures and report if they are suitable for mounting roof boxes etc etc . They might be for cosmetic purposes only which is what I want them for anway, they look exactly like the factory fitted items,but looks like they mount with adhesive pads, but I will report back on suitability for mounting roof thingys.

Frank

PS If anyone bites the bullet and buys the engine guard regardless please let us know how it goes with fitting, as said before it can't be far off.

I like the sound of these..have you got a link please? I don't mind being ginny pig.????

All Ordered..... now we wait......I went for the larger of the two plastic ones, there is also a metal one, which I didn't think was a good idea!

Well done Chrispydoc the whole forum rests on your shoulders?. I’m sure if anyone is going to fit this guard correctly it’s you. When the lockdown is over and I see an ICE ZS I’ll have a look under it’s wheel arch for any splash guard.

Last edited:
I've found the edit function very useful....you seem to be able to go back at any point and correct stuff....which is handy with auto correct and for the semi-dyslexic...like me!

Rather vague, 20-40 days. I'll keep you all up to speed with any developments.

Good work Chrispydoc. We will all wait patiently. I wonder why it was omitted in the ZS EV if it is present in the ICE and it is considered more essential in an EV than an ICE. Just doesn't make sense. Been trying to get some local EV Buffins ( my kids) to look into this but they are not coming up with much.
Well I have updated the other thread on this matter. Please check it out @ MG ZS E V has no under - engine bay splash shield.

Could it be as the electrical units are sealed and just don’t need the added protection, could it also be to aid air flow to keep the electrical units and motor cooler....just thinking why!!

I can't think its a good idea to have water and spray....(salty in the winter) bouncing around the electric motor, high voltage terminals, computers, the backs of light units etc! Also most cars tend to be smooth underneath these days, to aid air flow and economy.

I tend to think it was another economy measure. Hopefully I may have a few facts to go on in a few months time. ......suck it and see.

Last edited:
My Prius PHV is fully enclosed underneath and has a little hatch which drops down to access the engine oil filter.
looking under the bonnet it seems to me to be a great car to work on, everything is so accessible and obvious what it is.

Good ...int it.....!

I use it on most of my posts....hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I have updated the other thread on this issue @ MG ZS EV has no under engine splash shield etc.
Please read the update. Basically ZS EV has a splash shield with a super large aeration hole. It may be advisable to hold fire on buying shields to cover this aeration hole until we know more.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom