Car just delivered

djc545

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all
Short term lurker here, decided to get a ZS EV and managed to get an instock one delivered this morning after a 4 week wait.
Very happy but have a few questions which i so far havent found answers for;

Charged today using a rapid charger and it stopped charging at 87%, why is this?
Also the range is only showing an estimated 170 Miles - This is the LR ZS so would have expected more than that right?
Got one of these Electroverse cards and went to this rapid charger which it didnt accept so paid using debit card instead, all the help online suggests setting it to charge from the app but i cant see this option for any charging points. Not sure if im not doing something right but would have expected the card to be accepted if its on their app?

Hopefully someone can answer these!

Many thanks

Hi all
Short term lurker here, decided to get a ZS EV and managed to get an instock one delivered this morning after a 4 week wait.
Very happy but have a few questions which i so far havent found answers for;

Charged today using a rapid charger and it stopped charging at 87%, why is this?

Check the settings in your car or on your charger, should go to the set charge limit.
Also the range is only showing an estimated 170 Miles - This is the LR ZS so would have expected more than that right

Projected range is based on previous driving, it will fine tune the more your use it.
Got one of these Electroverse cards and went to this rapid charger which it didnt accept so paid using debit card instead, all the help online suggests setting it to charge from the app but i cant see this option for any charging points. Not sure if im not doing something right but would have expected the card to be accepted if its on their app?
Not all charging points companies have signed up to the Electroverse card. I’ve just got the cards which are free to me, the about Chargepoint and Shell recharge.
I would set you car to 80% charge unless going on a long journey while would deplete a full battery or leave you with less that 20%.

Install every charging app you can find and register your details/card where required.

Here’s my phone screens, we have had our ZS TLR just a couple of weeks and love it !

Enjoy 😊

Hopefully someone can answer these!

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1869.png
    IMG_1869.png
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1868.png
    IMG_1868.png
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1867.png
    IMG_1867.png
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1866.png
    IMG_1866.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
Check the settings in your car or on your charger, should go to the set charge limit.

Projected range is based on previous driving, it will fine tune the more your use it.

Not all charging points companies have signed up to the Electroverse card. I’ve just got the cards which are free to me, the about Chargepoint and Shell recharge.
I would set you car to 80% charge unless going on a long journey while would deplete a full battery or leave you with less that 20%.

Install every charging app you can find and register your details/card where required.

Here’s my phone screens, we have had our ZS TLR just a couple of weeks and love it !

Enjoy 😊

Appreciate the quick response

Had a quick look in the car settings can cant seem to find a way to set the charge limit. Does it have to be charging when you do this?

Ah ok, car was delivered this morning and driven to me so maybe that explains it - can imagine they dont drive it "nicely"

With regards to the charging point, screenshot below says it "Works with Electroverse" so would have hoped it would - especially as it says the price ie only £0.40.....

1688736426142.png

Had a quick look in the car settings can cant seem to find a way to set the charge limit. Does it have to be charging when you do this?
If you can't change charge limit it may not be a long range

So that crossed my mind, 100% thats what I ordered.....how can i prove what they delivered?
Not being able to change charge limit as a big indicator you should be able to change it on the entertainment screen and the app

Not being able to change charge limit as a big indicator you should be able to change it on the entertainment screen and the app
So on the app i can move it but it refreshes back at 100%
On the entertainment screen i have tried dragging it or pressing it and i get nothing back

So on the app i can move it but it refreshes back at 100%
On the entertainment screen i have tried dragging it or pressing it and i get nothing back
That sound like a SR you won't be the 1st to of order a LR and received SR

@djc545 if you look at vin sticker drivers side front door open what's the 1st weight if it's 2070 it's long-range if it's 2060 it's standard range
Here is a fret from someone else that got a standard range but ordered along range
@Tiberius Right I just checked your vin from that reg you posted you have a standard range big give a way is the the bhp\kw and weight of car
My car long range
View attachment 14144
Your car
View attachment 14145

@djc545 if you look at vin sticker drivers side front door open what's the 1st weight if it's 2070 it's long-range if it's 2060 it's standard range
Here is a fret from someone else that got a standard range but ordered along range

2060 so SR it is!
Ok back to the leasing company I go!

I knew it didnt feel right when i charged it and only saw that range. In the back of my head I thought of this scenario and thought it couldnt happen surely right.....Oh dear

yes right colour etc, makes me wonder if they had both models available and just sent out the wrong one as it was so quick! was expecting a longer turn around than that so pleased with that!
We got our ZS TLR in red within two months as a cancelled order. 😀👍

@st34 Unfortunately not here. Orders for all MG ZS’s placed after, I think, 1st July 2022 would not have the sunroof. However, Trophy variants had the ’Connect’ features and tinted windows added.

yes right colour etc, makes me wonder if they had both models available and just sent out the wrong one as it was so quick! was expecting a longer turn around than that so pleased with that!
What colour, which team do you belong to? lol

Awesome result. I think all LRs have the sunroof that is normal.
Sunroof is completely unrelated to the standard or long range. My SR has a sun roof.

Trophy and Trophy connect had the roofs. But no longer as previous poster stated.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom