Car mat mount lost locking ‘pin’

Spinynorman

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a small problem.
I recently noticed my driver-side mat seems to have lost the twist pin/nut from the top of the fixing post.
I can’t find it at all, so I was thinking it needs replacing.
I can find some replacements online but they have a screw-thread-like fixing, which would be screwed into the car floor.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and could confirm the existing post had this kind of attachment - instead of say, a screw and nut arrangement.
My mats are still in place and don’t slip but I’d like to get the old girl ship-shape & Bristol fashion…🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a small problem.
I recently noticed my driver-side mat seems to have lost the twist pin/nut from the top of the fixing post.
I can’t find it at all, so I was thinking it needs replacing.
I can find some replacements online but they have a screw-thread-like fixing, which would be screwed into the car floor.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and could confirm the existing post had this kind of attachment - instead of say, a screw and nut arrangement.
My mats are still in place and don’t slip but I’d like to get the old girl ship-shape & Bristol fashion…🙂
I managed to find online two that had like pins that hold in original car carpets

Upvote 0
I managed to find online two that had like pins that hold in original car carpets
Thanks. The pins you peak of - I call them posts - are fixed to the cabin floor. Did you remove your existing fixings and what did they look like? These below are the only similar fixings but I’m not sure about the screw threads…
1682960562421.jpeg

Upvote 0
No l was not sure of the screws my self. The ones I found were on eBay Argo that had like horizontal pins that pushed into the carpet pushing towards the brake paddle, and seem to work Ok

Upvote 0
I understand.
i really just want to replace the duff one with like for like - as I say, I don’t have problems with the mat staying where it’s put, but sometime in the near future, I may want to sell and would like to have it as zero-defects…. :cool:

Upvote 0
I understand.
i really just want to replace the duff one with like for like - as I say, I don’t have problems with the mat staying where it’s put, but sometime in the near future, I may want to sell and would like to have it as zero-defects…. :cool:
Please, if you can find the genuine replacements l would be very grateful

Upvote 0
That’s good news.
I have a service coming up soon and I’ll point it out to them. Don’t have an awful lot of confidence in them TBH - Glyn Hopkins franchise - I mean they don’t even do bodywork repairs!
I can only hope….

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom