Car Smart Android box

uali

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Whilst watching hundreds of MG ZS EV videos on YouTube I came across this video which uses an android box to convert the display into a android tablet which can load YouTube Netflix etc.

Anyone have one of these or can recommend them?

They’re about £80 on AliExpress.

I have one of these units.

20220807_090648.jpg

I got this because my experience with the small AAWireless unit that I bought was so poor.

It works well, plug into the USB slot and it connects to the car via the Carplay system (even though my phone is Android). From there you can connect to Android Auto on your phone via BT/WiFi.

You can insert a sim card of your choice into the unit and it can actually run completely independent of the phone.

This is the link to where I got mine. It arrived from China really quickly in about 10 days.

To be honest I am still playing with it but it does everything I need. I have a BT OBD dongle attached to the car and this links with ABRP to get real time SOC and great journey planning.

I have one of these units.

View attachment 10123

I got this because my experience with the small AAWireless unit that I bought was so poor.

It works well, plug into the USB slot and it connects to the car via the Carplay system (even though my phone is Android). From there you can connect to Android Auto on your phone via BT/WiFi.

You can insert a sim card of your choice into the unit and it can actually run completely independent of the phone.

This is the link to where I got mine. It arrived from China really quickly in about 10 days.

To be honest I am still playing with it but it does everything I need. I have a BT OBD dongle attached to the car and this links with ABRP to get real time SOC and great journey planning.
Thanks. Looks good and similar to what I was looking for.

Have you loaded YouTube and Netflix and apps like them. Are they quite good if you’ve tried them.

Will be useful to sit and watch some Netflix when parked up waiting for a charge.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom