Car still won't pause charge when unlocking

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a 22 plate MK2 ZS and when I unlock the vehicle it still continues to charge and won't release the charge cable, I have to either log into the slow MG iSmart app and stop it or get in the car, double press the start button and then the battery switch then hit finish charging. My previous plug in (BMW 530e) would pause charging and release the cable when unlocking the vehicle.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I am waiting for a new steering column UJ to arrive so that they can fit that so will be going into the garage at some point, is there some sort of bribe or witchcraft I need to be aware of to get something sorted as I am seeing people on here that are able to release the cable by unlocking the car.

HELP!

@Merry I think you was one of the 1st to get update done and notice the unlock to stop/pause the charge I was lucky enough to have update done before pick up after asking for it after reading one of your posts thank you

I have a 22 plate MK2 ZS and when I unlock the vehicle it still continues to charge and won't release the charge cable, I have to either log into the slow MG iSmart app and stop it or get in the car, double press the start button and then the battery switch then hit finish charging. My previous plug in (BMW 530e) would pause charging and release the cable when unlocking the vehicle.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I am waiting for a new steering column UJ to arrive so that they can fit that so will be going into the garage at some point, is there some sort of bribe or witchcraft I need to be aware of to get something sorted as I am seeing people on here that are able to release the cable by unlocking the car.

HELP!
Our ZS EV LR Trophy 🏆 is the same !.
Pressing the unlock button does not pause / release the charging trigger from the charging port, even if I turn off the delayed charge function.
The car was collected mid March 2022 and therefore missed the software update, because it was not even released then.
We charge at home in the early hours, so this is not a major problem to us, but it will get updated when it goes into the dealers.
We previously had the Gen1 model and you COULD stop the charge by pressing the unlock button on the fob.
You could also charge the car, while the doors where unlocked and open.

It's missing a firmware update. Ask the garage to check and update as necessary when it goes in for the UJ.

How long have you been waiting on that BTW? I've been waiting since August....
I have been waiting for a couple weeks now I think? so that doesn't bode too well with me knowing that you have been waiting since August!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom