Car Unresponsive to App

Ranty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So I park my car (2024 Trophy) on a friend's drive and plug it in. We both go away for a week. Its day 6 now and he is on his way home - the plan was for me to unlock the car remotely so he can get his charging lead back and then charge his car. Unfortunately, despite working reliably until now, the app can't even find the car (GPS position unknown). I'm wondering if others have seen this? I'm suspecting the car my have gone to sleep or perhaps the 12V battery has gone down? That said, its only 3 months old!

So I park my car (2024 Trophy) on a friend's drive and plug it in. We both go away for a week. Its day 6 now and he is on his way home - the plan was for me to unlock the car remotely so he can get his charging lead back and then charge his car. Unfortunately, despite working reliably until now, the app can't even find the car (GPS position unknown). I'm wondering if others have seen this? I'm suspecting the car my have gone to sleep or perhaps the 12V battery has gone down? That said, its only 3 months old!
I find the app stops working after 2-3 days of not using the car. It’s like the car goes to sleep if not used. Only comes back to life when I unlock the door.

Doesn’t really help your situation though :-(

I find the app stops working after 2-3 days of not using the car. It’s like the car goes to sleep if not used. Only comes back to life when I unlock the door.

Doesn’t really help your situation though :-(
Many thanks for this - It really does help. It confirms that it goes to sleep and needs waking up. I am hoping that pressing the button on the handle without the key present will be sufficient! Thx again!

Many thanks for this - It really does help. It confirms that it goes to sleep and needs waking up. I am hoping that pressing the button on the handle without the key present will be sufficient! Thx again!
Worth a try; it may work. Curious if it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seem to have been intermittent issues with the MG servers recently. My app hasn't been able to reach the car all week, despite using it every day. This afternoon it suddenly started working again.

There seem to have been intermittent issues with the MG servers recently. My app hasn't been able to reach the car all week, despite using it every day. This afternoon it suddenly started working again.

.. was working fine for me all week, but can confirm the car is ‘going to sleep’ if idle for a few days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom