• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Care to share your Valuation?

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
just wondering what offers you’re getting from the usual suspects?

mine:=Mg 5 exclusive standard range 21 plate 2800 miles

the best one I’ve had by far is from cazoo so will stick with them for now
Today it was £45 less than I paid so £22950
2 days ago it was £200 off

if I get offers over £1k more then I think I will end up selling and wait for the Cylon face lift mk2

so what have you been offered?

Last edited:
£20,500 for a late December 2020 70 plate, 6,400 miles, from We Buy Any Car. Initial offer was £19,550. If I qualified for the affinity price I would be tempted to sell and go for the long range, but I don't. And anyway, I have been getting more than 200 miles equivalent from a full charge, so don't really need it.

Might still try carzoo though, just out of interest!

I've just come back from Cazoo......wonderful people to deal with....no quiberling with the price and the money was in my bank before I arrived home! I can thoroughly recomend them.😁 ...unlike some other folk in the same business!:(

As usual WBAC increase the offer progressively when you do nothing. Latest for me on Monday was an automatic approach/offer as I did a valuation last month. Blue exclusive 4000 miles 21 plate £23000

I have sold to them before and never had an issue. On one occasion I got £90 more than the offer as the car (ML 250) was mint and had gone up in value since booking the appointment. Not jumping yet as I need an alternative that I know will be delivered in a reasonable and fairly reliable timeline. The whole motor industry are struggling with deliveries currently

I've just come back from Cazoo......wonderful people to deal with....no quiberling with the price and the money was in my bank before I arrived home! I can thoroughly recomend them.😁 ...unlike some other folk in the same business!:(
Class. Making it work.....

WBAC offered me £21,730 for my December 2020 silver MG5 Exclusive with 8,000 miles. Tempted to find a new one for close to that price and trade in. Could be worth a couple of £k in a few years, plus extra warranty etc.

Not at the point of wanting to trade up at the moment as I have only had my MG 5 SR for 6 months and only covered 4000 miles. May change after April next year as I have the option of taking a lump sum from my pension. It will be interesting to see if values have dropped following the release of the LR and the possibility of the facelift model coming along.

Main dealer tried to sell me a new car with part ex mg5 at first service (15.5k miles, 9month old) last week....offered £18k. So expect would be around £20k realistically

Last week when I checked mine Cazoo offered me 22,225 which is £75 less than I paid for it, and WBAC offered £21.500, the cazoo offer is great for a 21 plate MG5 exclusive 6 months old with 6.500 miles on the clock, even the offer of £21.500 is up from 3 months back when I looked at the Skoda ENYAQ and the dealer there showed me on his computer screen WBAC was showing £1980 with only around 4000 miles on it at that time, got to be down to the fuel situation in my opinion and the up turn shown in the interest in Electric vehicles which might go on for a while yet, with fossil fuel prices being at an all time high then again might not with the increased electricity cost now coming around who knows, anyone got a crystal ball LOL
Les

WBAC offered me £21,730 for my December 2020 silver MG5 Exclusive with 8,000 miles. Tempted to find a new one for close to that price and trade in. Could be worth a couple of £k in a few years, plus extra warranty etc.
Yep my thoughts as well, especially if the Affinity deal is still being offere.
means I would of had free motoring since May, then like you say a new warranty with a new car.
certainly something I will be looking at.

Last week when I checked mine Cazoo offered me 22,225 which is £75 less than I paid for it, and WBAC offered £21.500, the cazoo offer is great for a 21 plate MG5 exclusive 6 months old with 6.500 miles on the clock, even the offer of £21.500 is up from 3 months back when I looked at the Skoda ENYAQ and the dealer there showed me on his computer screen WBAC was showing £1980 with only around 4000 miles on it at that time, got to be down to the fuel situation in my opinion and the up turn shown in the interest in Electric vehicles which might go on for a while yet, with fossil fuel prices being at an all time high then again might not with the increased electricity cost now coming around who knows, anyone got a crystal ball LOL
Les
Still think that these (offers) prices are just going to go up, there is a lot of interest from friends when I pull up in my 5, so spend most of my time explaining how the car works and how The charging works.
lots of interest form complete strangers as well
in my opinion, this fuel crisis has really rattled peoples cages, so keeping the second hand ev car prices sky high, just hope it keeps increasing for a while yet….

edit…..

just cheked with Cazoo again today and they have increaced their offer to £23k, so let’s see how long it will take to get £24k

Last edited:
I have noticed the affinity prices have crept up as well. Haven't even got my 5 LR yet and I could probably sell for more than I have paid.

It will be interesting to see how much the face lift model will be (if/ when it comes) and if prices for used MG 5s are approaching the price for the new one! Does anyone have any guesses as to pricing for the face lift model?

The way the prices are you could trade in your MG and get a good second hand Tesla 3

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom