Carlinkit feedback and recommendations.

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a Carlinkit 3, (purchased from Amazon), which worked perfectly in my previous car. However, although it worked okay in the MG to begin with, it’s now very temperamental. It has the latest software installed, but pressing ‘play’ on either the Spotify screen, (or the small square on the bottom of the main screen), invariably goes immediately back to the play symbol. If I plug my iPhone directly into the car, CarPlay works perfectly, so I know it must be related to the Carlinkit adapter rather than the cars infotainment software. Before I ditch the thing and buy another unit, has anyone else had the same experience? If you have a different Carlinkit model which works perfectly, which one?

Grateful for any advice.

yes, I do have the same issue. What sometimes resolves the issue for me is when I switch the source from music to radio, play the radio briefly then switch to iPhone audio source, play the audio and then back to CarPlay audio.
I like the wireless CarPlay option hence had to workaround the issue of audio.

My wired car play is ridiculously unreliable. Considering this is using the same usb connection, will I see the same issues?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom