Carpets

Seawolf

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Just done a full scale clean out of my HS Hybrid, and noticed that there were no top carpets supplied with the car. The clips are there for the front ones, but none came with the car, front or rear. Is this normal with MGs ?

Not too much of a big deal as I usually replace them anyway with rubber ones, as the usual fabric ones get pretty dirty, especially at the driver's side, and can be a nightmare to keep clean.

I have already bought some rubber ones specially made for my model, which make cleaning simple, but just wondered if it is normal to have none supplied with the car from new ?

That's what I thought. I agree with you. That's the first new car I have bought with no carpets !

Not to worry, I got a full set of good quality rubber mats, including a boot mat, for seventy six quid from the Prestige Car Mat Company, who I found on the internet, and they look great.

They are also dead easy to clean, as I spend some time in muddy places.

No carpets and other things like mudguards to keep the cost below £30,000 to get the grant. what was the grant £2,500 so a good saving by retro fitting them.

Agreed ! I have no issues with it, especially as I would have bought rubber ones, to replace any cloth ones supplied, anyway. 😸

Just wondered if it was the norm, and now, from your explanation, I see why. The car was an absolute bargain.

The carpeting is pretty poor quality in my opinion. Already starting to fray and bubble where your feet sit. Car on only 2500 miles. Hate to think what they’ll be like at 25K. My father once got his carpets totally replaced under warranty with his Peugeot 208. Wonder if our MG will also require them to be replaced under warranty.

Worth a try.

My experience of ALL manufacturers is that the top carpets are usually poor quality and a nightmare to keep clean. I have become accustomed to changing the supplied carpets for aftermarket ones given that my chosen sport means I drive to places on farmland !

Having worked in fleet car sales for a few years, I always buy car mats as son as I get the car.
Factory carpets aren't the strongest and I used to see many cars return with a hole under the pedals.

Not just the cheaper cars, many high end ones suffered similar fates.

My personal choice is heavy duty chequered rubber mats. So easy to clean, even if you have been in a muddy field ! 😸

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom