CarPlay issue

Ziggy67

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, new user here.
Bought a 2nd hand ZS Executive and everything is going great with it except one thing- I can’t get CarPlay working.

When i plug my phone in and press CarPlay in the touchscreen nothing happens at all (like it’s greyed out). When I go into my iPhone CarPlay settings and try to find the car nothing happens- just keeps spinning around.

I have tried 3 different iPhones (all of which have been able to connect to CarPlay in other cars), multiple different wires (including a brand new official Apple one) and nothing works.

I have tried all the usb ports in the car.

Any ideas what to try?
I was reading on this link that CarPlay can be disabled/enabled in infotainment settings but I cannot find this- can anyone advise where it is?

Grateful for any help

I put in a usb stick into the port and was able to play music off it so the usb port itself must work.
But plug in the iPhone and there is nothing.
I’m stumped! 🤔

I think you are plugging into the wrong USB port. My car is a left hand drive, the USB port nearest the driver is the one for connecting the phone for android and Apple Carplay, listed in the manual as:
"Note: Only the USB port on the driver's side can support vehicle-mobile phone interconnection."

The one next to the passenger side is for connecting a USB stick for music.
Hope that helps

I think you are plugging into the wrong USB port. My car is a left hand drive, the USB port nearest the driver is the one for connecting the phone for android and Apple Carplay, listed in the manual as:
"Note: Only the USB port on the driver's side can support vehicle-mobile phone interconnection."

The one next to the passenger side is for connecting a USB stick for music.
Hope that helps
Thanks so much, your advice and the new Anker cable that I bought after reading about it on here did the trick! Happy days

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom