Changing my Service plan to another dealer?

Coedy

Standard Member
Reaction score
After having a terrible experience with my recent first year service (no new bms, no new infotainment update, I wasn't expecting a valet, but maybe a hose down? and was left across the road in a pile of sand outside someone's house-they were clearly having building work done so the car was reversed up against a load of sand) I don't want to go back there again.
Can I get warranty work/services carried out by a different dealer? There is another one in the area who get good reviews. I just don't know who I have to arrange this with being new to the "new car world"? Is it with MG head office?
Or via the garages themselves?

I think the service plan is with the garage itself but you can have warranty work done at any dealer.

Blargh... I thought it was through MG as all my communications about the service pack are via MG emails and not the franchise 😑

Awesome thanks a lot.
I just checked my paperwork and my Service plan is with MG UK, no mention of my dealer anywhere on it (it came with the car when MG did the peace of mind deal).

I'll phone the number you have and I've emailed MG head office to ask too.

I've just received my service plan documents - a leaflet and a 'loyalty' card, carrying the service plan number, that I'm supposed to take with me when taking the car for its service.

Although the card states the name of the dealer that I nominated while purchasing the service plan on the MG website, the accompanying leaflet clearly states, "Please provide this plan number to ANY [my emphasis] participating MG Dealer or Authorised Repairer to receive your scheduled service."

That suggests the plan is not limited to the nominated dealer. And makes sense - people move house, after all, and to be locked into one dealer if you've moved 200 miles away would be nonsensical.

(It also mentions that use of a courtesy car is included at servicing - a nice touch that I don't remember seeing on the Service Plan web pages).

Are there any benefits to taking out a plan?
Benefits, as I see them: the price is locked in, you pay on a monthly basis over the course of the plan and it's peace of mind that the servicing is going to be taken care of.

I don't see any disadvantages.

And it seems incredibly good value. The cost of my upcoming first, 12mth service is £20. I can't imagine that if I booked the service outside the plan, it would cost as little as that - I don't believe garages and main dealers are usually set up to issue such small, affordable bills 😆

I have just done a quote on the MG website, using 6000 miles/yr.
Prices quoted rounded for each of 5 years are 32, 111, 111, 76 and 263.

Unfortunately for me I cannot get the low mileage plan as mine was registered before Jan '21.

I don't need the first as I was affected by the buggy BMS and am getting the first one free. Also not sure how long I will keep the car, although I see that there are ... No cancellation, or plan transfer, fees... from the website so that is good.

I have just done a quote on the MG website, using 6000 miles/yr.
Prices quoted rounded for each of 5 years are 32, 111, 111, 76 and 263.

Unfortunately for me I cannot get the low mileage plan as mine was registered before Jan '21.

I don't need the first as I was affected by the buggy BMS and am getting the first one free. Also not sure how long I will keep the car, although I see that there are ... No cancellation, or plan transfer, fees... from the website so that is good.
You still might be eligible. My ZS was registered in November 2020 and I have the low mileage plan

My car was a pre-reg in September 20 so have just called in one of my local dealers and explained that my vehicle is (extremely!) low mileage.

They offered me the first service @ £33 but also added that the second year's would be £104.

However I've no idea if this is their own pricing or a plan, will ask when it's done.

My car was a pre-reg in September 20 so have just called in one of my local dealers and explained that my vehicle is (extremely!) low mileage.

They offered me the first service @ £33 but also added that the second year's would be £104.

However I've no idea if this is their own pricing or a plan, will ask when it's done.
Does the £33 include AA Cover?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom