Changing Phones

MichaelJHunt

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have just got a new phone and wondered if anyone knows how to transfer the account from the old phone to the new phone.

I originally set up my iSMART account using my email address and a password. I did write the password down, but neither phone will now accept it as the password for the iSMART app.

I have just got a new phone and wondered if anyone knows how to transfer the account from the old phone to the new phone.

I originally set up my iSMART account using my email address and a password. I did write the password down, but neither phone will now accept it as the password for the iSMART app.
I regularly change my iSMART from one phone to another, one is mine the other the company I work for as I use both, it just automatically logs me off the other one, so nothing special required maybe it is still a password issue?

I regularly change my iSMART from one phone to another, one is mine the other the company I work for as I use both, it just automatically logs me off the other one, so nothing special required maybe it is still a password issue?
The problem I have is that I set up my iSMART account using my email address and an associated password.

In the Application you can click on either the phone number or the email address to setup the account on the second phone. If I press either is asks for the password associated with the phone number, but does not present the email choice when I click on it, still asking for the phone number password.

Is there a chance you've written it down the wrong case sensitive?
If only.

The problem is the app allows a password with letters, numbers and special characters when setting up the iSmart account using your email address. If using your phone number it only allows numbers and letters !

The password I used uses all three so now it is trying to force me to use a phone number it won't work.

I uninstalled the app on the second phone and re-installed it.

I then created a new account using email again on the first phone.

I was then able to set up the account on the second phone and all is working.

If you old phone is working you could debind and start again?
DEBIND!!! I Wish I could. I've posted here before that the iSmart app has had a problem and told me to bind the car and but the car says 'already bound' >>> therefore use the unbind feature in the app, a chain link logo, which on iSmart on my phone does not exist! Any help welcome for sure as hell the dealer is absolutely clueless.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom