Changing reverse bulbs in PHEV TROPHY

TrevH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Trying to find out how to replace the reverse bulbs in my PHEV TROPHY they are situated in the bumper on the new ones ? Any idea how to remove bumper cover as it says in manual and are they the same bulbs as MG 4 that owners are changing?

Trev I have looked at mine I can undo the bulb holder but you can't pull it out because the body work is in the way, what a stooped design .probably done on purpose so you have to take it to the garage.

Upvote 0
Trev I have looked at mine I can undo the bulb holder but you can't pull it out because the body work is in the way, what a stooped design .probably done on purpose so you have to take it to the garage.
Just been to main dealer they want £145 + parts & vat! Rip off will have to have a go myself to remove the bumper. Disgusting design.

Upvote 0
Trev .Hope this helps. Just found on YouTube Hs rear tailgate bumper and rear fender P D R dry dent . It shows how to remove the bumper .

Upvote 0
Cannot understand their design logic but I think it's to keep dealers in Buisnes! To change reversing or rear bulbs the wheel arch trim has to be removed both sides removing the waterproof seal! Unscrew fixings and risk cracking the whole panel by pulling it out of its clip fixings! A two handed job! Then after the 29 second replacement of bulbs two people to re locate and re fit the bumper and arch trail and renew the waterproof seal! All this to just change a build!!! What idiot designs this? Or take it to a garage and pay £150 + for bulbs that cost about £15???
Is it just me or is this a bit over the top?

Does anyone know how to contact MG technical I've email them with some queries but they do not answer?

Upvote 0
Try:

Upvote 0
Have contacted head office and after sending technical enquiry by email as they suggested they come back with a technical web site to answer questions, however they want you to pay £27 for a question or £3000!! A year for technical help ! Can you believe this company ?
What is the guarantee for? It seems they have designed this car to make further money from their customers.
Example to replace a reversing light bulb they recommend taking it to a main dealer to dismantle the rear of the car with a minimum cost of £150+ vat !
I bought a pair of halogen bulbs on Amazon for £6.50 !!!
Just got to figure a way of changing them myself without ripping a brand new car apart. No doubt that will void their guarantee too!
Growing less and less fond of this vehicle every day.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom