Charge dropping out sins BMS update

Dajuggla1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi has anyone had be a similar problem since BMS update:. I've had 2 episodes when connecting to public 7kw charger the car has just dropped out after about 20min. First time drew 3.7 kw of charge, the 2nd time was 1.7kw of charge.

CPS have checked the unit and they appear to be charging fine. Have I just been unlucky or is this a common problem and is there a solution?

Do you you need to confirm the charge with the app on the CPS ones ?
I know with Pod Point you do or it cuts off after 15 minutes.

Do you you need to confirm the charge with the app on the CPS ones ?
I know with Pod Point you do or it cuts off after 15 minutes.
Never had to before...confusingly the CPS app says it has been connect for the full time that it was plugged in. When disconnected it shows that only a small amount of charge has been drawn over the length of time (12 hours+)

I had a similar problem with my home charger, last charge.
Kept dropping out every 10 mins, or even less, sometimes more. Took about 6 attempts to charge from 83-100% (was trying to do the multiple charges/balancing thing). Hoping it won't happen again as no clue as to why it happened.

Hi has anyone had be a similar problem since BMS update:. I've had 2 episodes when connecting to public 7kw charger the car has just dropped out after about 20min. First time drew 3.7 kw of charge, the 2nd time was 1.7kw of charge.

CPS have checked the unit and they appear to be charging fine. Have I just been unlucky or is this a common problem and is there a solution?
Which charger were you using? If you look on Zap Map you can see if anyone else has reported issues with that specific charger (even though CPS says the charger's fine, there may be issues with certain vehicle makes).

Also, did you use 2 different public chargers but, if not, try another charger just to try and pin point whether the issue is the charger or your car and, if it is your car, maybe your dealer has to do your BMS update again, in case there was an issue the first time?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Which charger were you using? If you look on Zap Map you can see if anyone else has reported issues with that specific charger (even though CPS says the charger's fine, there may be issues with certain vehicle makes).

Also, did you use 2 different public chargers but, if not, try another charger just to try and pin point whether the issue is the charger or your car and, if it is your car, maybe your dealer has to do your BMS update again, in case there was an issue the first time?

Cheers

Bloggsy
No other issues reported on ZapMap. I've tried 2 different chargers on the same street. These chargers are frequented by Leafs from a local taxi firm so I recon they do work. Also noticed that since the comfort upgrade (same time as BMS) that the car still doesn't AC charge with the door unlocked. I've booked it into the dealer's garage....

Good luck Dajuggla1 - fingers crossed it gets resolved. Please keep us updated as this may be an issue with some others. I'm, hopefully, going to get my wife's ZS EV soon (which should have all the latest updates) so I'll check it at my local public charger.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom