Charge flap

I do wish they had put a warning on the flap when its open and so you don't look like a plonker
It would be useful I do agree !.
Like, I have never left my open ( fool ) 🥹.
The VW PHEV had a warning if you left the charge door open, but it was a little strange as it reported it as “Tail Gate” open ( or something close to that ).
But at least you had a warning message on the dash.
On the Gen1 ZS EV - I once started driving out of a car park after charging and somebody was waving his hands and pointing to the front of my car.
After giving him a puzzled look, the penny finally dropped and I could just see the big charging door, sticking up above the bonnet line !.
On the Gen2 model, if it is left open you can not see it from the drivers seat.
After saying that, the flap on the Gen2 is very light in comparison to that heavy lift up door on the Gen1 model.
Nobody has reported it flying off, so although it feels a bit heavy and insecure, it must be fairly tough.

I also wish this... My BMW plug in hybrid I had before this wouldn't let you drive off with the flap open. So far though I have not left it open, I am in the habit of closing as soon as I have pulled the cable out.

I have left the flap open 3 times now luckily only on short visits to the shops not 35 miles to work

Did anyone ever leave their fuel flap door open on an ICE car?
I see this fairly often, folks are in such a huge rush today, so they finish pumping the fuel, return the nozzle to the pump and either go into the station to pay ( forgetting to fit the tank cap or close the petrol flap ) or pay by card and are into the car and down the road, before installing the filler cap.

I actually pondered installing a switch and then just patching it into the bonnet switch, i would be okay with the car saying "Bonnet open".

But then i forgot that if i leave the bonnet open even slightly and try to lock the doors, the car will honk at me, and i dont want it honking at me, every time i put it on the charger and lock the doors. :)

Maybe if i installed a relay so that the flap switch was only active when the car was turned on.

Or maybe drill a small hole and attach a hose and route it into the car and attach a whistle in the end of the tube.

This way the car would whistle if i forgot to close the flap and air was able to be pushed through the tube :)

since owning a plug in hybrid that is the habit I have got myself into... remove cable from car, close flap, remove cable from chargepoint, coil up cable, put cable neatly in bag, place back in boot :) or throw the noodle mess onto the back seat if in a hurry and leave it for future me to deal with

I granny charged mine at work yesterday and took the cable out 20 minutes before I finished. I couldn’t remember closing the flap and sure enough when I went out to go home the flap was wide open. I’m going to have to watch that I think

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom