Charge Place Scotland

KH11

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Anyone got an email from Charge Place Scotland saying they are increasing the security and you have to log on to the website and redo your password

Approaching 10pm this evening saying something about enhancing security and that you have to log in on the website and reset your password for a new one.

Anyone got an email from Charge Place Scotland saying they are increasing the security and you have to log on to the website and redo your password
I received the same email last night at 10pm, went directly onto the app ignoring the link in the email, couldn't login & told to reset password, did so all working fine now 👍

It is all relative. Try living in South West England.
Not been there since 2008? Better weather as I recall.
1695711695753.png

I got the email last night, tried after 10pm and couldn't do anything - probably because thousands of others were doing likewise. 🤣

Tried again this morning and all done OK. @Rolfe this is what the email said:

Due to an increase in security measures on our E.Connect system, all drivers that have a ChargePlace Scotland account will be required to reset their password from 10pm on the 25th September.

Please note that at this time you will be logged out of your online account with ChargePlace Scotland.

Action Required by Account Holder : Password Reset

To transition to the improved security framework, we kindly request that you reset your password. Please follow these simple steps:
1. Visit our Login Page.
2. Click on "Recover Password":
3. Follow the Instructions and you will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click on the link within the email and follow the instructions.
4. Create a New Password: Choose a strong and unique password that includes:
  1. Minimum 12 characters
  2. 1 or more lowercase letters (A-Z)
  3. 1 or more uppercase letters (a-z)
  4. 1 or more number (0-9)
  5. 1 or more special character
  6. Same character can´t be used more than 3 times.
If you have any questions please contact our team at [email protected]

Yes I did, went onto website and changed it to include a “ special character “

Yes all this is resolved now, a lot got the same email I rang them up prior to most people responding and there was an automated message to say the email was genuine. So I got my password altered accordingly.

I've still not had the email so I may need to get them to change the email address on my account. Fortunately I'm not expecting to need one of their chargers in the immediate future, but if I do, does anyone know if the CPS RFID cards go on working?

I've still not had the email so I may need to get them to change the email address on my account. Fortunately I'm not expecting to need one of their chargers in the immediate future, but if I do, does anyone know if the CPS RFID cards go on working?
There does not appear to be any date stamp on mine. My little knowledge of the process understands that the cards are only essential if you are in an area where there is no phone signal as they have a manned desk 24x7 to sort things for you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom